Can't access camera set up menu

Nuuk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Git Pro 2
A couple of days back I changed the LED settings on my Git 2 (rear LED on). Yesterday I went to change it back gain to the the front LED, but when I powered up the camera, and pressed the front button, I got the usual video and stills menus, and then the third press of the front button froze the camera and I had to remove the battery to start again.

I get the same issue when I try again today. Is this something that can be fixed, or it is time to buy a new camera? If so, is it worth getting another Git 2 (I have all the accessories) or is there something better three or four years on from the introduction of the Git 2. Other than this issue and the fact that it won't retain the time and date, I have been quite happy with the Git 2.

I have never had this issue. But I would install a different firmware version, then I would go back to your current version. Maybe this could help.

Thanks a lot - I've installed the latest firmware version and the problem is resolved. I'm relieved as the good old Git 2 still does a more than decent job and I was loathe to part with it.

Great to have a positive feedback.

I also hope that my Git2's will stay with me for quite a while. At least as long as there is a newer (and better) cam with stereo microphone option :)

The only thing that tempts me to move is a 90 degree lens that is probably better for me as I use my Git 2 primarily while riding my scooter. Do you know if I can retro fit a 90 to my existing Git 2?

You can either buy a 90° camera version (maybe you can find a second hand one on ebay). Or you can exchange the 170° lens for a 90° lens. In that case you should install the firmware for the 90° version to make the stabilizer work properly. Installing the 90° fw will work well, as I was told by the manufacturer.
In case you want to change the lens, make sure that you will choose one (maybe from aliexpress to save money) with a resolution of at least 12Mpixel to get a good video and photo quality.

Thanks again, I'll look into it.

Back