Can't connect dashcam to WiFi for cloud connectivity

Evostance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've setup my DR750X+, but I cannot for the life of me get it to connect to my home wifi or car's WiFi.
I go through the setup, and when scanning WiFi it doesn't find anything. Putting in the SSID and password manually doesn't seem to work either, any suggestions?

For what its worth, every time I try and go into the firmware settings of the camera directly it throws an meaningless error
failed to connect with app during processing in the blackvue

Any ideas?

OK this actually seems to work now. I've setup the cloud connectivity to be my home wifi and my car's hotspot.
The issue I now have is that I'm getting notifications after less than 24hrs to say my cars battery voltage is low.

How does this cloud stuff work? I was under the impression that the dashcam would only record when it detects motion or impact, and if there was a certain event type, it'd then connect and upload to a hotspot as soon as it can.

Seems a little odd for the dashcam to "die" after less than 24hrs in parking mode?

Check the value of the "Low voltage cut-off" setting under "Firmware -> System".
Check the value of the "Cut-off timer" setting under "Firmware -> System".

How long after the camera enters parking mode does the low battery notification get sent?

Use a multimeter to check the battery voltage when you get the low battery notification.
Check the battery voltage BEFORE you start the car.
Better yet, buy yourself an automotive battery tester to check the overall health of the battery. They are cheap enough. Search on Amazon or the automotive stores in your country.

the dashcam would only record when it detects motion or impact, and if there was a certain event type, it'd then connect and upload to a hotspot as soon as it can.
You are correct, but you may not realise one specific thing: the camera is still powered on when it does that, so it still drains the battery. In parking mode it is continuously recording video, but it's not storing it to the sd card.

This is why some dashcams have a radar for parking guard, in those cases the camera go into a deeper power saving mode, but then depend on the radar to wake it up in due time to catch something.
I think Thinkware have a graph / example on their home page of how much the use of the radar module extend the parking guard period.

I am still a bit apprehensive about this radar stuff, but i am getting a camera that have that "soon" so i will be able to test that, though it is not any of the 2 brands out there that have radar as a option for some models ( blackvue and thinkware )

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tfp DR750X Plus (1CH or 2CH) 4
Back