Can't connect to WiFi after 1.004 fw / 2.68 app

hulk2k17

Reaction score
Country
United States
I upgraded the mobile app on Android and the firmware last night.

Now direct WiFi connection is forced through the saved networks on the phone. I added my camera's network but each time I attempt to connect, I get a "failed to connect wifi" error.

I've reset everything several times. Anyone else experience this?

I now connect through a hotspot and that works just fine. Related, is it possible to turn off the WiFi SSID being broadcast? It seems to stay on even though I have "auto WiFi on" = off and "auto WiFi off" = on

Thanks

Just checking, but you did note the red text in the release notes that the direct WiFi password was reset (back to "blackvue") with this firmware upgrade?

I don't believe you can turn off the SSID broadcast. I'd send cs a note asking to add that as a feature.

Hmm, I could have sworn I saw that in a recent release. It's definitely in the latest 650S firmware release. Try using "blackvue" as your connect password and see if that works. If so, you can then change it back to what you want.

I think it's different for the 750S because the default WiFi password is unique to each camera and it's printed on a label on the camera. I've adjust the SSID and password a few times, both to something that was different than before and back to the default. I am able to connect to the network but I'm just not able to get the camera to load videos, etc.

When BlackVue Cloud service is enabled, dashcam's wi-fi stays ON all the time regardless of Wi-Fi Auto turn on/off settings. If you are not using Cloud service, i would suggest to turn it off.

Check if Smart network switch is enabled in you phone's Wi-Fi settings, if it is disable it. This feature of Android phones prevents data communication with a Wi-Fi network that has no internet connection

if it doesn't help, I suggest to try following troubleshooting:
https://helpcenter.blackvue.com/hc/...n-t-connect-to-dashcam-s-Wi-fi-how-to-fix-it-

Good to know the SSID broadcast stays on with Cloud.

As for the that setting, it's turned off on my phone. I'm able to connect to the camera's wifi. In the phone wifi settings, it says "connected, no internet". However when trying to load into the list of videos, that's when the "failed to connect wifi" error pops up.

I've tried it on both a pixel 2 and nexus 6. Both are running the 2.68 app. I didn't have ANY problems with the same phones using the 2.66 app

i am not sure if it will work but try this:
Close the app completely. Go to Wi-Fi settings of your phone and connect to your dashcam. Once it is connected, then open the app and tap BLACKVUE WI-FI to see if video list loads.

Turning off your mobile data will fix your issue.

Yup this did it. Thanks!

I have the auto switch to mobile data when WiFi has no internet turned off, even in Dev mode, but no luck. Manually turning it off was the way to go

Is there a way to get this fixed? The app should be able to connect regardless of mobile data being there or not. GoPro does this without issue.

The " use mobile data when wifi has no internet" option appears to be broken with my Verizon Pixel 2 XL on Android 8.1. Oh well.

Save a few times right after I bought my camera, every time I tried to connect through the app I was getting "Failed to connect wifi". I was having serious buyer's remorse until I found this. Thank you so much.

Mine works fine sometimes and suddenly I am told that the wifi signal is too weak or told to activate wifi on my camera. It is so bad that I am never sure I will be able to connect at all when I get into the car.
My iPhone wifi works fine everywhere so it is not a phone wifi fault.

On my OnePlus One android there is a Smart Wi-Fi switcher option, switched this off and it works.
Thanks for the info above pointing me in that direction :)

Is there a way to get this fixed? The app should be able to connect regardless of mobile data being there or not. GoPro does this without issue.
It's not the app, it's the Android smart switching. If it can't find an internet connection on the current WiFi point, it looks elsewhere for one.

Back