Can't connect to WIFI and other anomaly

Slyelie72

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
B1W
Good day
I've received my new Blueskysea B1W Dash Cam couple days ago and I'm having a tough time with some part of it:

1) I noticed the partitions shows an erratic time and date (IE: today 17 Dec 2018 at 05:20PM, video show 22 Nov 2018 04:00PM) Is there a way to change that? (maybe thru the app)

2) I've been trying unsuccessfully to connect to WIFI. Therefore can't connect thru App and adjust setting. I tried many things like forget network then reload, try to connect to WIFI with data ON and OFF on the phone, delete app and re-install, update firmware, try to connect to WIFI with SD card in and out the Cam... I'm out of options any Ideas?? My Phone is a Samsung A5 (2017). When trying to connect ti WIFI the phone shows "connecting" then disappears then shows "Authentication error occurred"

I absolutely want the partition to reflect the correct time and date and I can probably work around not having the connection and access to the app. However I'd really appreciate if I can use all the potential of this camera is supposed to do. Hopefully someone can fix my issue

1) I noticed the partitions shows an erratic time and date (IE: today 17 Dec 2018 at 05:20PM, video show 22 Nov 2018 04:00PM) Is there a way to change that? (maybe thru the app)
Need to sync phone time in its APP after WiFi connected with camera!
I've been trying unsuccessfully to connect to WIFI. Therefore can't connect thru App and adjust setting
Will PM you camera reset firmware, it seems that you input wrong password for WiFi connection, so it indicates "Authentication error occurred"

Ok I received your email with link to reset firmware, however it doesn't work. here my question

1) Keep pressing this button when plugging into laptop USB socket. -------> do I only hold button while connecting to computer or for entire process
2)Open this tool and select this "load bin file" section and load this bin file which lists in the second link. -------> when open tool I don't see load bin file
3)Click this "start update" ----> obviously doesn't reach this step.

See attached pictures of what I see when open tool and other picture is the bin file

Attachments

• BIN FILE.jpg
    BIN FILE.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 14
  • TOOL.jpg
    TOOL.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 14
Use a phone charger to power the camera.
Computer USB ports typically don't have enough juice to properly power the camera.

Ok I received your email with link to reset firmware, however it doesn't work. here my question

1) Keep pressing this button when plugging into laptop USB socket. -------> do I only hold button while connecting to computer or for entire process
2)Open this tool and select this "load bin file" section and load this bin file which lists in the second link. -------> when open tool I don't see load bin file
3)Click this "start update" ----> obviously doesn't reach this step.

See attached pictures of what I see when open tool and other picture is the bin file
The camera won't start recording while connected to a computer, it registers itself as a storage device. You need to connect it to a phone charger, a battery pack or a 5v cigarette lighter to start recording.

Keep pressing the button when connecting to your Windows computer!
See my photo "Load from Bin File"
t2.jpg

Thanks all. Sorry when it comes to electronics I can be dumb sometimes lol. anyway I wasn't able to do it this way, reference previous post tool image I wasn't able to see that. tried many ways but ew. However I finally been able to connect to WIFI and go to app and change settings and sync time with my phone by on Blueskysea website and download password reset file. put it on SD root, plug cam into wall then that was it. I didn't know that there was a difference of power between pluggin the cam into car, wall or computer. now I know again thanks all my problems got fix now let go for a ride and see if cam as good date and time.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G B1W 5
W B1W 3
Y B1W 10
R B1W 15
nosewarmer B1W 5
Back