Can't connect to WiFi..

yuppicide

Reaction score
Country
United States
I can't connect to WiFi. I have a Samsung S9+. Green light is on the camera. I have disabled mobile data. I try to connect to my B1W_93848394893 it keeps trying and trying and says "Authentication error occured". I've went in and tried like 20 times now.. entered password, no luck, forgot SSID, re added password, etc.. repeat like 20 times. Tried turning WiFi off and back on several times. No luck. the password like 20 times now.. no luck.

The instructions on this website say hold in the button for a few seconds and you can turn WiFi on and off.. doesn't seem to do anything, still shows SSID in my cell phone.

Not sure who wrote the instructions on this website, but this sentence " If you installed the Default WiFi Off firmware." isn't complete. It's almost as if the Chinese manufacturer wrote it.

Should I try and stick some sort of firmware on the microsd card and then put it in?

Also.. when I turn it on it beeps, I hear a voice, and the green light is solid.

Last edited:
Memory card just finished test with no errors.

I have an older cell phone by another manufacturer.. gonna try that now. No luck either.

I also tried inserting the password reset file. No luck.

Last edited:
SOLVED: I was doing this while sitting at my computer. I took it outside and plugged it into the car cigarette lighter and it works perfect. I'm going to bring it back in and update to the latest firmware again, then go mount it in the car.

I can't connect to WiFi. I have a Samsung S9+. Green light is on the camera. I have disabled mobile data. I try to connect to my B1W_93848394893 it keeps trying and trying and says "Authentication error occured"
It happens if you plug it into your laptop USB socket for the power source, and you should use your Samsung S9 phone charger to power on it if you test it at home!

It happens if you plug it into your laptop USB socket for the power source, and you should use your Samsung S9 phone charger to power on it if you test it at home!

Thanks! I will try that next time. Why does the manufacturer of the camera include a cable if it's not going to work properly? By the way, I do not have a laptop. I have a desktop.

It is the same problem when you plug it into the desktop USB socket for the power source. It only supports data transfer when plugged into a computer(laptop and desktop).

It is the same problem when you plug it into the desktop USB socket for the power source. It only supports data transfer when plugged into a computer(laptop and desktop).

Got it. Thanks.

Actually, we add it to the FAQ section in its user manual, not sure if our users will read it or not before using it!

Also make sure you are close to the cam. Initially, my phone was connecting to the home WiFi because it was the stronger signal.

Thanks for the all the replies. I'll have video samples up tomorrow. I drove around for a bit tonight and I'll be recording all day tomorrow.

Back