dinod

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi Everyone,

I'm having some some trouble with my memory card. When I try to download a clip from my memory card via the Viofo app I get the reponse: Error: no permission to read or write.

I guess I need to get permission but how do I do this with a micro memory card? It's not like the larger cards that have that little platic switch in the side.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Mark

Thanks,.

If you want to get a clip from the SD card, you can use the supplied USB cable to connect the front dashcam and a computer.

If you want to get a clip from the SD card, you can use the supplied USB cable to connect the front dashcam and a computer.
That's not a practical solution right? Imagine i want to quickly check the parking clips and I need a laptop and USB cable. Also I'd like to use the software/hardware as it was intended and not have work arounds.

As i understand it you cant really do anything quickly with a dashcam.
The wifi in them are pretty slow, the the clip that took you 3 min to record, its probably 5 min to DL to your phone.
Connecting the camera to a computer to use it as a card reader is also slow, but in this case if you just grab a file or two it dont really matter, but otherwise the transfer speed are often uder 20 MB/s where as in a good card reader you can get the full read speed of the memory card which are often up around 90 MB/s
Second as the dashcam are such a slow card reader, you might run into playback issues if you playback footage directly from the card in the camera, on the other hand my USB 3 card reader on a USB 3 port, i can playback directly from the card 4K/60 FPS footage recorded with 100 mbit bitrate.

I have never tried to DL a file from a dashcam over wifi, but i have tested if i was able to playback files on some cameras, but cant recall if that necessitated a DL of the file first or i was able to stream the file from the camera, and if so if the stream was still the original resolution of the recording. ( some cameras also record a low resolution video for faster playback ASO )

I made the test a while back demonstrating the transfer speeds with the dashcam - the provided USB card reader you often get with a dashcam, and finally my fast USB 3 card reader.

Transfer clips by WiFI is always slow - no dashcam has yet been made that does it rapidly. The quickest option for WiFi is keeping your files to 1 minute long, but then you have to search through more to find the one you want unless you know the exact time.

Paul.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D A129 / 129 Duo 14