Can't get GPS software to work

vta1985

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
GS2000
I received the GS2000 a few days ago and haven't had luck getting the program that comes on the disk to run. Its the CARDVC2.exe software. It crashes instantly and gives a kernel error everytime I try to open it.
Someone posted the gs8000 software on another post. That didn't work. I'm using windows 7. I tried on 32bit and 64 bit with two different PCs, couldn't open either program. I also ran Windows XP with virtualbox, that still wouldn't work open the software.
The GS1000 page here on dashcamtalk has a link to the GS5000 software but the link on rapidshare won't open for me.

I also tried DATAKAM player which does recognize the .map file which is where the GPS logging is stored. But I can't play the video through that software. Also tried RegistrationViewer, didn't work.
Installed all the software on the disc including quicktime, ffmpeg, and the AVC decoder. I'm running out of options.
Thanks.

Hi vta1985,

You can try the GS5000 link again. I am hosting the file here now. If none of these programs seem to work, there might be something with the way your computer(s) are set up.

DashCamMan said:
Hi vta1985,

You can try the GS5000 link again. I am hosting the file here now. If none of these programs seem to work, there might be something with the way your computer(s) are set up.

Thanks for fixing the link. I tried that software, it still wouldn't work. I reinstalled a few things and played around with the display settings. Then I remembered that I set the theme to Windows basic, which I read is supposed to increase performance because it disables Aero. Anyways having it set to the Windows Aero theme now I can get the software to open.

Here's one more player to try, it's from gs1000 orange menu.
I'm not quite sure if gps data file have to be under gps subdirectory.

(download link two messages below)

Sabe said:
Here's one more player to try, it's from gs1000 orange menu.
I'm not quite sure if gps data file have to be under gps subdirectory.
http://www.sendbigfiles.com/c152d6ccf1222b3176e6d65dd876792d/

When I try to download it says:
There is an error with your request, the error is: File download limit exceeded: Player.rar . Contact the sender
The amount of downloads for this file has exceeded the limit allowed by the users account. Please contact the sender, and have them resend the file under a new link, or upgrade their account to an account type with more downloads allowed per file.

I had the same problem with my GS2000 RegistratorViewer worked straight away in windows7 but I needed to download Klite codex pack for the older windows XP computer after which it works fine I customised the download as I didnt want to make it my homepage or download all the other bits and pieces I just downloaded all the video and audio codecs ......hope this is of some help the download for Klite ithink i have got the name right is recommended on the RegistratorViewer page regards hubbarddashcam IPOL FRANCE

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
e190capt GSXXXX 1
robingo88 GSXXXX 10
Back