Can't get into standby mode

Danger

Reaction score
Country
Canada
My Mobius seems to have had a slow death; About 2 months ago it sometimes wouldn't turn on / let me record anything. Holding down the power button would restart it would work fine. This seems to have gotten worse and worse, being more difficult to get it to record, with recordings having weird glitches (no video just audio in half the clip, sometimes crazy artifacts, sometimes no issues at all). Currently, I can't get it into standby mode at all.

When I turn it on, the blue light flashes once, the rear red light blinks (number of times depending on battery level), and while it would sometimes enter standby mode with a solid yellow light at this point, recently it won't at all.

What I tried:

Reset button was pressed many times.
I read that improperly seated lens ribbon cable might be the culprit, but reaseating it numerous times hasn't helped.
I flashed various different FWs without change (though I'm not sure if it flashed properly as the cam is supposed to delete the .BIN file automatically, yet I had to delete it manually.
I tried different SD cards, Formatted one with SDFormatter with Full overwrite and format adjustment ON
I can still charge the battery, the light can be green when plugged into my PC and the red light flashes based on battery level at boot.

At this point I'm pretty sure it's a HW issue. I'd rather not buy a whole new mobius as I've only had this one for a couple of months.
What is more probable, something on the curcuit board malfunctioning or the lens module. Is there any way to check? I'd prefer to replace only one or the other :\

Back