Can't get iphone to access viofo A139 Dash cam

sbmike

Reaction score
Country
United States
Downloaded Viofo App to my iphone 11, plugged dash cam into lighter slot in car. dash cam came on, all four lights lit up, including wifi, which I had also hooked up. Camera lights said it was on and when I played back the micro SD card on my laptop, all videos were there.
The problem comes in when I try to do anything on my iphone regarding viofo. Opened app on iphone, screen stated "connect to camera". Next screen is a photo of another viofo model and a box with "next" in it. Pressed that and the next screen states "open system settings" Click on that and the next screen is the "allow videos to access" screen from the setting section of my iphone. Everything in there is turned on but the screen only allows you to hit the back arrow which then takes you back to the "connect camera" screen". Any thoughts?

In your phone’s setup, Wi-fi section, you need to connect to the camera and enter the password 12345678, after that the app should connect easily every time.

Have you done that bit yet?

PS Welcome.

When I checked my iphone, it said I was connected to viofo, but when I selected it, it did indeed ask for the password and then I was able to connect. But when I disconnected the power source from the camera, I had to go through the whole process all over again or it would not connect. Seems rather clunky unless I'm still doing something wrong. Thanks for your valuable response, though.

Having put the password in, it normally connects just by pressing the Wi-fi button on the camera, you then wait for the camera to say that it is connected, then open the app. Close the app when you are done.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S A139 7