Can't get parking mode activated using a Vico-Power hardwire kit

N3XU5

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey all, I just got finished installing a new "BlueSkySea" brand 0906 I got from Amazon alongside a Vicovation Vico-Power hardwire kit in my car. The camera is working perfectly as well as the power kit but I cannot get the camera to activate parking mode.

As I'm sure you'll ask, I have the yellow Battery+ going to constant power from the fusebox, red ACC to ignition switched power, and ground to ground obviously. The power kit is switching between ACC and parking mode but the camera is not. As of right now I've got the kit set to bypass so I don't run the battery down in the car over night. I've tried turning motion detection on and off while parking mode is on and nothing changes. Other than this issue here the camera works great and I'm glad I picked this one up.

The parking mode requires the hardwire kit they make for this model to switch functions in the camera

The 0906 uses the pin #4 on the micro-usb connector, a pin that is usually not connected for regular cables. Which makes sense since pin #4 is for the OTG detect (which will be grounded to indicate OTG mode).

So unless the Vicovation says pin#4 is wired up, parking mode will not work.

The 0906 uses the pin #4 on the micro-usb connector, a pin that is usually not connected for regular cables. Which makes sense since pin #4 is for the OTG detect (which will be grounded to indicate OTG mode).

So unless the Vicovation says pin#4 is wired up, parking mode will not work.

Got me wondering about some sort of adapter to temporarily connect pin 4 or am I missing something

Got me wondering about some sort of adapter to temporarily connect pin 4 or am I missing something

the Vico is 12v in, 12v out and your cig plug just connects to that, it has no way to switch the functions in the camera

the Vico is 12v in, 12v out and your cig plug just connects to that, it has no way to switch the functions in the camera
What does the hardwire kit you can get with the camera have in terms of connecting to the camera that the Vico-Power doesn't? Is there any way to get parking mode to work with the Vico-Power?

What does the hardwire kit you can get with the camera have in terms of connecting to the camera that the Vico-Power doesn't? Is there any way to get parking mode to work with the Vico-Power?

if you want the parking mode function that the camera offers to work you need their power lead, I'm sure it will be a much cheaper option than the Vico

the Vico is a great power controller but it's not needed in this application

if you want the parking mode function that the camera offers to work you need their power lead, I'm sure it will be a much cheaper option than the Vico

the Vico is a great power controller but it's not needed in this application
Oh I see, the one that comes with the camera doesn't use a cigarette lighter connection for power like the Vico-Power does. I haven't done a lot of research on the hardwire kit for this 0906, does it have voltage cutoff that monitors the battery level of the car? Do you have a link where I could buy just the hardwire kit (the new kit preferably on Amazon)?

I'm not sure who has it for sale, it has selectable voltage cutoff, it is a 3 wire connection like the Vico to hook it up and the output is Micro USB and connects directly to the camera, the camera will change functions depending if it is getting an accessory signal or not, the Vico can't pass that signal to the camera

Apologies for this getting kinda repetitive, just trying to figure everything out before I buy anything/start the return process on the Vico. Do you know what the differences between the new and old hardwire kits are?

Do you know what the differences between the new and old hardwire kits are?

no, but the new one does come preterminated like that, not sure if the power supply itself was any different on the initial version

New kit from estore009 is excellent. Battery protection is selectable between 11.8v 12v 12.2v and 12.4v. It comes with a selection of piggy back fuses connectors in four sizes each with a 5amp fuse. ✔

I've already placed an order for two of these from estore009 @ ebay. I can't confirm if it's the same module as the one that came with bundle with Veckle, but the images looks the same. Once it get here, I can do a comparison of the internal guts between the two module.

I am hoping it's not the same as Veckle, since so far, four of the hardwire kit has failed.

you've had four yourself that have failed?
Two personally on two different car. The other two were from friends. We all install the hardwire kit and the cam at the same time. Mine broke first, then my friends'.

Back