Can't press OK

jx84

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I noticed today that my dashcam had not been recording - it has been fine in the past. So I tried to reformat the SD card via the menu but I could not press OK on the screen. On the 'all data will be erased' screen it lets press Yes and hilights it, but to press No I need to press off to the right of the No icon. And no way to press OK. This is the same on other options, no way to press OK.

After a lot of fiddling I did find an area to the very far right hand side of the screen and upwards where OK did press - a bit hit and miss. Is there a way to recalibrate the thing so it knows where OK is? Is that even a thing?

Hello,

I'm afraid there isn't a way to recalibrate, it sounds like the touchscreen may be damaged. If you remove the SD card and press the reset button on the underside of the screen, can you then use the OK button on the options?

If not, then the screen will need replacing. If the camera is within warranty, please return it to the retailer and they will exchange it for you. If it's outside of warranty, we can offer a screen replacement service through our repair centre. Please contact us at support@nextbase.com or call 02920866429 and we can help further.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J 522GW 6
S 522GW 2
Back