Cant read and see data off my SD Card

Martin Rimmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I cant get any data off my SD card, either by copying files to my PC, reading the SD card from my PC or by connecting the dashcam to my PC. I can see the files okay. The MS Nextbase app says 'importing video' but nothing happens. Quicktime can recognise the files but says they are not compatible. I have connected my iPhone via WiFi to the Dashcam but the iPhone Dashcam app says 'searching for Dash Cam' ! Help!!! What's going on?

Which SD Card are you using?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I reformatted the SD card and, although I've lost the data I wanted, it is now producing readable files!!!
BUT I still cant get my iPhone to find the dashcam. Any ideas on that?

I cant get any data off my SD card, either by copying files to my PC, reading the SD card from my PC or by connecting the dashcam to my PC. I can see the files okay. The MS Nextbase app says 'importing video' but nothing happens. Quicktime can recognise the files but says they are not compatible. I have connected my iPhone via WiFi to the Dashcam but the iPhone Dashcam app says 'searching for Dash Cam' ! Help!!! What's going on?

Hi Martin,

It sound like you definitely had a corrupted SD card. How often do you currently re-format the card?

I'd also appreciate knowing what size and type of SD card you're currently using? If you could attach a photo of it to your message that'd be great!

Just to confirm as it's a common mistake, are you trying to connect to the Cam Viewer app or to MyNextbase Connect? The 312GW uses the Cam Viewer app, my apologies if you're using the Cam Viewer app.
Your 'searching for Dash Cam' error sounds like it could be due to old firmware on the 312. Do you know what firmware it's currently running? You can find this by going into:
'Settings- Setup Menu- System Info', then the Firmware version will be a number preceded by 'R'. E.g R06.4

Let me know how you get on.

Millie,
Nextbase

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J 312GW 1
5 312GW 2
D 312GW 26
Back