Cant Reconnect Phone To The 322GW After Turning DashCam Off, Have To Re-Pair Dashcam with Nextbase App Everytime.

Billy.R_92

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I have just bought a 322GW. I downloaded the MyNextbase Connect app. Paired my phone to the camera no problem and it shows the videos on the app.

The problem I'm having is as soon as I turn the app off or the dashcam off and then use it again. The app won't find the dashcam. It just spins round and round. The only way I can get it to connect again is to delete the pairing from the dashcam and reconnect my phone again.

The app even says that once paired it will automatically find it when switched on but it never does.

The Bluetooth symbol lights up when I first pair them together but after turning the dashcam off it then goes dull as if the bluetooth is off.

I can't find an option on the dashcam to turn the Bluetooth back on. And when I select the dashcam in my Bluetooth devices on my phone it doesnt do anything.

I have the WiFi on like it asks aswell.

It's doing my head in as the reason I got this one was so I could connect it to my phone. I don't really want to be deleting and re pairing the dash cam everytime I want a video.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Hello,
Thanks for your post, this certainly isn't normal behaviour for the dashcam or app. Even if reconnection isn't working correctly, it should show the Bluetooth icon on the camera as grey once it's been previously connected. As yours isn't illuminating, it would suggest the connection isn't being remembered once the dash cam is turned off.

Please can you let me know the following information:

What firmware is the 322GW on please?
1) Turn the Dash Cam on
2) Ensure it is not recording (by pressing the red circle if required)
3) Go into Settings (the button in the top left)
4) Go into Setup settings
5) Scroll across to ‘System Info’
6) Look at the Firmware number RXX.XX.
What phone do you have please?
What iOS or Android version is it on please?
What is the dashcam's serial number?
What app version is the mobile app on please?

Go to the MyNextbase Connect home page- click on the top left menu- scroll to the bottom of this menu. You'll see the Version displayed as XXXX.XX.X (XXXXXXX).

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

I
Hello,
Thanks for your post, this certainly isn't normal behaviour for the dashcam or app. Even if reconnection isn't working correctly, it should show the Bluetooth icon on the camera as grey once it's been previously connected. As yours isn't illuminating, it would suggest the connection isn't being remembered once the dash cam is turned off.

Please can you let me know the following information:

What firmware is the 322GW on please?
1) Turn the Dash Cam on
2) Ensure it is not recording (by pressing the red circle if required)
3) Go into Settings (the button in the top left)
4) Go into Setup settings
5) Scroll across to ‘System Info’
6) Look at the Firmware number RXX.XX.
What phone do you have please?
What iOS or Android version is it on please?
What is the dashcam's serial number?
What app version is the mobile app on please?

Go to the MyNextbase Connect home page- click on the top left menu- scroll to the bottom of this menu. You'll see the Version displayed as XXXX.XX.X (XXXXXXX).

Kind regards,
Millie
It seems to be working now for some reason.
Thanks

Thanks for letting us know, if you need any further help please let us know.

Kind regards,
Millie

Thanks for letting us know, if you need any further help please let us know.

Kind regards,
Millie
Good afternoon!

After reading this post, my 322GW appears to be doing the same, and not automatically reconnecting without having to unpair, then re-pair again.

My rear camera is also often showing a white image as a smaller image on the dashcam screen too.

Please can you help me too please?

Many thanks in advance!

Good afternoon!

After reading this post, my 322GW appears to be doing the same, and not automatically reconnecting without having to unpair, then re-pair again.

My rear camera is also often showing a white image as a smaller image on the dashcam screen too.

Please can you help me too please?

Many thanks in advance!
I have the same problem and have given up and switched sos off!

Back