Can't remove front camera mount

Kaitlyn

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Camera isn't mounted to windshield yet, but I tried the thin mount first then took it off and put on the thicker one. Now I can't remove it, it just won't budge!

I can't figure out why because I understand it's a relatively straightforward slide mechanism. Not sure if the wedge shape is working against me.

Any ideas? Don't want to pull too hard and risk damaging something!

I also haven't applied any foam pads yet - do you always apply them? Just one? All 3?

It's not easy to seperate the camera from the mount if the mount isn't already stuck to the window. You don't have nearly as much leverage. It comes off a LOT easier once it's on the glass. (push the camera in and up)

Grip the camera with both hands, use two thumbs to slide the mount over half an inch so it comes out. It's a key hole & peg system.

Only 1 piece of EVA foam is used, others are spares

Last edited:
I also haven't applied any foam pads yet - do you always apply them? Just one? All 3?
leave it a week or so to give the mount time to properly adhere and pull into the glass before applying and you'll find it much easier, sometimes they're not needed, one is enough though, the others are just spares

I'm still trying to remove the adhesive mount from the camera before I apply the mount to my windshield.. but I absolutely cannot get it removed. I've tried pushing in against the red 3M (against the camera) and also pulling out from the sides... trying to anchor leverage against different points against the camera...

It just seems like something is going to break/crack before I can even get this thing off!

Not that the camera weighs much, but I wanted to apply the mount to the windshield before attaching the camera... Plus would love some piece of mind that it actually CAN be removed! :eek:

I'm still trying to remove the adhesive mount from the camera before I apply the mount to my windshield.. but I absolutely cannot get it removed. I've tried pushing in against the red 3M (against the camera) and also pulling out from the sides... trying to anchor leverage against different points against the camera...

It just seems like something is going to break/crack before I can even get this thing off!

Not that the camera weighs much, but I wanted to apply the mount to the windshield before attaching the camera... Plus would love some piece of mind that it actually CAN be removed! :eek:
If you attach the whole thing to the windshield (screen) as one unit and wait for a couple of days you will be able to slide the camera off whenever you want. I was faced with the same predicament that you are in at one time; it requires some effort, but will come off by pushing the mount from the camera without it being attached to the window. I thought I was going to break something as well, and much to my surprise I did not as it finally slid off of the camera. Just be careful not to damage the lens, buttons etc. I actually found that I was pushing in the wrong direction trying to remove it, and I was totally frustrated until I started pushing in the opposite direction. I am sure you are not doing it this way just thought I would add the dumb way I was doing it. Anyway, it is not a lost cause as it will come off eventually one way or another. Good Luck!

Last edited:
Back