Can't restore firmware to B1W

g35

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello,

I recently noticed I could not connect to my B1W's WiFi (incorrect password). I must have changed it and forgotten it. Before I tried fixing all this, the Wifi network was showing up, i just couldn't connect to it. I removed the microSD and tried to install the reset wifi password config file, but am failing repeatedly. Now there is no Wifi network from the dashcam. This is what I did:

Use Macbook computer to format microSD as FAT (with master boot record partition scheme), copy over the two .bin files, eject, plug microSD into the B1W and turn car ignition to 'on' position (not start, but the one that gives the cigarette lighter power), wait at least 1 minute, turn off car, then take out microSD and again format as FAT, then put the microSD back into B1W.

The issue is I never see a WiFi network for the B1W show up, even though the dashcam shows a solid green light. I also tried the latest firmware (Nov 2020?) and the July 2020 one that fixed choppy iPhone playback.

I don't even know if my files are getting copied over to the B1W....the only signal I get from it is a solid green light, which I understood to mean wifi is on. I turned off audio feedback a while ago.

Can anyone walk me through how I could be doing this differently so that I can again connect to the B1W? Thanks

You can reset it by loading firmware in this way:

Please download this tool here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WcMO4W664dvM--CxoY0QMjMfmph3pBcG

Also, please load this BIN file from this link
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SY9W1kx7jMn7pFl1MZGEfpVfz-a32Mlh/view

And then you can load it in this way: No need insert a memory card into camera unit, please note!
1) Keep pressing this button on the dashcam when plugging into laptop USB socket.
2)Open this tool and select this "load bin file" section and load this bin file which lists in the second link.
3)Click this "start update"

Thanks for the advice. I am using Mac so I set up a Windows virtual machine in Virtualbox. I can't get it to connect the dashcam over USB. Windows VM makes the "device connected" sound while I hold down the button and plug in the USB, but it doesn't show up in the fusblink8136 application provided (and it does not show up in the taskbar area by the clock as a USB device that I can eject)

What I am doing is holding down the dashcam side button while I plug it in to my Mac, and Windows makes the sound like it's connected but I can't see it anywhere. When I unplug the USB, again I can hear the Windows device unplugged sound. Can you help me get it connected please?

Can you help me get it connected please?
No need for extra operations. Just keep pressing the dashcam button when plugging into the USB slot, it should connect the device automatically!

Do you try this WiFi reset firmware before?

I got it working. I will post the instructions for anyone who needs it. How to reset B1W dashcam using Mac.

1. Follow these instructions for installing Virtualbox:

2. In case the installation keeps failing due to security feature, follow this:

3. You can get the Windows ISO from here for free for 90 days evaluation:

4. Make sure you install the extension pack you downloaded on the host computer.

5. After installing Windows, follow these instructions to get up USB:

6. If you have trouble with the Install guest additions part, you might need to open the virtual CD in Windows (under "this PC") and use the AMD64 installer in the CD

7. Follow these instructions here. Make sure at least USB 2.0 is enabled in the VM (I had to close the VM to enable selecting this feature):
* Make sure that the Extension Pack is installed on the host. The same version as VirtualBox. * Make sure that at least USB 2.0 is enabled in your VM settings. * Create a USB filter in your guest settings while the device is plugged in the host. Delete all values except Name, VendorID and ProductID. Check also <link> to make sure that you have the numbers correct. * Unplug the device. * Start your guest (the one that you applied the filter to). Let it start completely. Log in if you have to. * Plug your device. The filter should capture it and pass control to your guest.

8. After all that I could finally see the dashcam show up in Windows when i used the provided reset tool

Thanks again estore009

No need for extra operations. Just keep pressing the dashcam button when plugging into the USB slot, it should connect the device automatically!

Do you try this WiFi reset firmware before?
Sadly it was not that simple. I had to set up a bunch of USB settings in the virtual machine before it would detect the dashcam

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W B1W 3
S B1W 6
Y B1W 10
L B1W 10
R B1W 15
Back