Can't rotate image 180....

JimGunther

Reaction score
Country
United States
Newbie here. Gotten some nice movies on my Mobius but can't seem to get the picture "right side up"

Yes, I've used the GUI to configure properly but, it doesn't seem to "take". Says the parameters have been updated but no effect. I've updated firmware at same time.

Possible clue?: I can't find the the original Text file that I used to configure the camera. Should it show in the directory? Does it matter?

TIA, Jim

Don't get the rotate photo 180 degrees mixed up with the rotate video 180 degrees options :)

Thanks Bryon... (et al) That's EXACTLY what I did!

I did NOT see the option on the 3rd screen. Will test later.

Thanks again, Jim

Don't get the rotate photo 180 degrees mixed up with the rotate video 180 degrees options :)

This is certainly odd.

Got it working fine with a short test a few minutes after the above note.

HOWEVER, used the camera this afternoon and the world is - again - upside down.

Properly configured; the settings say VIDEO should be rotated 180 degrees.

Note, I left the "photo 180 rotate" setting, so, maybe all restore all the defaults and just update the "180 video" parameter.

PS: Should I have been able to see that initial TEXT file - Still can't.

Thanks Bryon... (et al) That's EXACTLY what I did!

I did NOT see the option on the 3rd screen. Will test later.

Thanks again, Jim

This is certainly odd.

Got it working fine with a short test a few minutes after the above note.

HOWEVER, used the camera this afternoon and the world is - again - upside down.

Properly configured; the settings say VIDEO should be rotated 180 degrees.

Note, I left the "photo 180 rotate" setting, so, maybe all restore all the defaults and just update the "180 video" parameter.

PS: Should I have been able to see that initial TEXT file - Still can't.

When you was shooting the video, were the buttons facing you or the ground?

Using the window mount with buttons and heat sinks facing the ground. Correct, no?

Using the window mount with buttons and heat sinks facing the ground. Correct, no?

Yes that's correct if you ticked the video to be rotated. You sure yo clicked set parameters before disconnecting from GUI?

Gosh, I've re-loaded the msetup and re-formatted the sd card but still get the upside-down video.
In the process of re=downloading the Msetup file to my PC, I now see a graphic symbol for the "Msetup exe" file and a "Msetup.cfg" file but I DON'T see a "SYSCFG.Txt" file.

The Msetup.cfg contains:
"Language=English
Timeout=30
ShowToolTips=1
AutoProgUpdate=1
AutoFWUpdate=1
AutoFWUpdatePC=0
EnableFWCheckNr16(MOV)=0
EnableFWCheckNr16(AVI)=0
EnableFWCheckMobius=1
ColorMobius=12583040
ColorNr16=102
DialogWidth=0
DialogHeight=0
SafelyRemoveDevice=1

Gosh, I've re-loaded the msetup and re-formatted the sd card but still get the upside-down video.
In the process of re=downloading the Msetup file to my PC, I now see a graphic symbol for the "Msetup exe" file and a "Msetup.cfg" file but I DON'T see a "SYSCFG.Txt" file.
The Msetup.cfg contains
The values in mSetup.cfg are used by mSetup ONLY. They have absolutely nothing to do with the firmware settings. If you use mSetup.exe NO parameter file is used, so you should NEVER see a SYSCFG.TXT config file. The SYSCFG.TXT is only used for setting the parameters manually or for problem evaluation. If you use mSetup you will never need this file.
  • When you select the camera, mSetup communicates directly with the firmware and asks it to send the configuration.
  • When you click the "Set Parameters" button, mSetup once again opens the communication channel but this time it tells the firmware to set the parameters which it sends. It then does a security check to ensure that both sets of parameters are fully synchronized.
If you re-connect and select your Mobius, then mSetup will show you if the "Rotate Video 180°" was successfully changed or not.
Remember there are two "Rotate Video 180°" settings - one for Mode 1 (Yellow LED) and one for Mode 2 (Blue LED).

Thanks so much for your patience and help.
I'll try to pay forward your kindness.

I had over-looked the 180 degree rotate option on the left side of the screen. Inattention to detail (a rookie mistake :>(

Wow! This camera take some great videos with the blue winter sky.

Finally, we are there :D ;)

Back