Can't shut down my new A129 pro duo.

Did some more testing. No change if I turn parking mode off. Still won't shut down.( Doesnt matter if I try to turn it off while recording or if I stop recording first. (In parking mode (ACC off) I can shut it down recording or not.

Tried it with the camera connected with the sigarette lighter adapter. (only power with car / acc on) I can shut it down pushing the power button) Off course it shut down automatically switching of the car.

With the HK3 adapter and the yellow ACC wire disconnected it is also possible to turn the unit off. But off course the unit does not switch to parking mode any more.

Tested power kabel in the gps mount or directly in the camera, no difference.

Seems in my case that an active ACC wire in teh HK3 triggers camera on and can't be overruled by the on-off button.

Seems in my case that an active ACC wire in teh HK3 triggers camera on and can't be overruled by the on-off button.
It would be good if someone who has the new beta firmware could check if it has the same issue. Which firmware do you have installed? (I don't suggest changing it if it is one that came with the camera recently.)

Did some more testing. No change if I turn parking mode off. Still won't shut down.( Doesnt matter if I try to turn it off while recording or if I stop recording first. (In parking mode (ACC off) I can shut it down recording or not.

Tried it with the camera connected with the sigarette lighter adapter. (only power with car / acc on) I can shut it down pushing the power button) Off course it shut down automatically switching of the car.

With the HK3 adapter and the yellow ACC wire disconnected it is also possible to turn the unit off. But off course the unit does not switch to parking mode any more.

Tested power kabel in the gps mount or directly in the camera, no difference.

Can you test another setup? Can you plug the ACC wire into a fuse that is powered all the time (just like the red BATT wire) and see if you can turn the camera off via the menu button. Also, have you tried another ACC fuse?

ACC wire constant 12v, same behaviour (doesn shut down as expected, 12v is 12v) but cam does not go into parking mode. Another ACC fuse same problem. Checked fuse and voltage (despite allready listed as good in the car documention) they are good, including Ground (black wire).

Basic question stays the same. Do I have a malfunctioning unit (then I will return it / exchange) or is this "normal" built in behaviour (impossible to shut it down when the ignition is on (problably return period, and have to look for something else.

ACC wire constant 12v, same behaviour (doesn shut down as expected, 12v is 12v) but cam does not go into parking mode. Another ACC fuse same problem. Checked fuse and voltage (despite allready listed as good in the car documention) they are good, including Ground (black wire).

Basic question stays the same. Do I have a malfunctioning unit (then I will return it / exchange) or is this "normal" built in behaviour (impossible to shut it down when the ignition is on (problably return period, and have to look for something else.
Have you tried changing the grounding point? Are you using the factory ground bolt?

This seems odd, because you need to have BOTH wires connected and powered for the HK3 kit to work.

As I already confirmed at the beginning of this thread, I can shut down my A129 Pro with ignition on, so yours is definitely not behaving as designed.

This seems odd, because you need to have BOTH wires connected and powered for the HK3 kit to work.
With the camera off and the power cable disconnected, if you disconnect the yellow wire from the fuse box, then plug the power cable into the camera, the camera will turn on. If you then power cycle the engine, the camera won't power on.

Viofo nl send the question to viofo int.
Lets see whats their answer.

At this moment more occupied why the dashcam viewer cannot play movies from the front camera. (Codecs downloaded)

Back