can't stay connected

mikek

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

got my first dash cam (nextblast 380gwx) just will not stay connected. i have to keep connecting to my wifi every time i want to use it. so when in the house or anywhere else i can't see any downloads. anyone know any solutions please?

Welcome to the forum Mike.

well with the spelling error i had to google some, and assume we talk nextbase here.
Anyway on the product page they say.
"With inbuilt Wi-Fi, the driver can download and share footage straight to their smartphone via the Nextbase Cam Viewer app, available on Android & iOS. The 380GWX includes GPS, to view your journey on Google Maps and review important speed and location data"

This is just like any other dashcam, meaning while it is on you can connect to it with the phone to do settings or DL a clip or more ( if you have the time )
It say nothing about being able to be in station mode, for instance while parked, a thing many seem to pursue / want in other cameras too. https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/goal-access-a139-with-station-mode.44554/page-4#post-546606

Most dashcams do not have wifi on as default, so you have to turn it on and connect to it to use it, some at least in the day also would reduce image quality when wifi was on and the camera was recording, but i dont think thats a problem with modern hardware.

Last edited:
Back