Cant update firmware 0803

omarko

Reaction score
Country
Australia
hi all

new here and hoping to get some help. I bought a new 0803 on ebay , yes I should have checked and get the 0805 but anyway, its done.

I am trying to upgrade the firmware which not sure which file to use and how to do it.

I downloaded this file 20140826 from here:

http://dc.p-mc.eu/0803/firmware

as the camera has GPS and internal memory and also micro sd card. I copied the firmware file on the card and inserted, no upgrade happens. I rename the file to firmware.bin , same process, no update takes place.

Also, the buttons are not doing what the manual says, for example, I have to press the side large button when in menus when I want to change things.

can someone help ? thanks

Hi omarko and welcome - I only joined here yesterday, so we're both newies :)

I have the 0803 as well, with GPS but no internal memory.

Mine had the firmware (20140826) already installed, but I thought I saw recently a "how to" put on firmware - thought is was on the techman site but can't see a link now.

But while searching for you, I found this site which says the 20140826 firmware in not suitable to the 0803 if you have internal memory (This firmware is only suitable for original 0803 Mini DVR Ambarella Dashcam with GPS and without internal memory! We recommend that you only update the firmware if you have any problems.) https://www.minidashcam.com/shop/en/product/firmware-update-20140826-mini-0803-gps/

now whether this is correct or not I don't know (being new at this stuff), but maybe that is why it won't load to your dash cam.

As far as the buttons go, it says to hold down the top button for a number of seconds which takes you in to the menu. (the top and bottom button then can be pushed to go up or down through the menu).
Then, say in "quality", you push the middle 'ok' button to change/accept the setting.

Hope that helps a little mate.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Mini 0803 5
G Mini 0803 1
Rayman.Chan Mini 0803 38
soundesciple Mini 0803 17
Back