Can't update Firmware?

vbx

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,

I just purchased another dash cam for my car. This time, from a Amazon seller. It started fine. In English. But running the older firmware.

Camera: DR500GW-HD

Here is the config info:
[firmware]
version = 1.005
model = 500GW
language = English
[software]
version = 2.032
model = 500GW
language = English
[config]
version = 1.030
model = 500GW

I tried upgrading to the latest firmware and I got Invalid version error?

which link did u use as they are a bit confusing

hello all, what file name and extension should I be looking for so I can upgrade the firmware on my dash cam; my model is the same also - BlackVue DR500GW-HD
just want to double check that I'm using the latest version of software to ensure smooth flowing footage

so once you download the english BlackVue DR500GW-HD English firmware v2.002, which file do I copy and past onto my SD card???
I would like to update with the lastest firmware please
thanks for helping...

so once you download the english BlackVue DR500GW-HD English firmware v2.002, which file do I copy and past onto my SD card???
I would like to update with the lastest firmware please
thanks for helping...

You follow the instructions on the page on the website Is a learning curve we have all had to go through.

Is all there in 4 easy steps

If you have read this thread you would have seen the link two replies above yours

Wow! wouldn't it be easier to just show the answer! thanks for your opinion???

Wow! wouldn't it be easier to just show the answer! thanks for your opinion???

Easiest way to learn is by doing it and also by giving you the link saves us typing what is already there.

Hello, can anyone else provide input into my original enquiry as I don't want to risk bricking the device for a first time attempt. Want to know what the file name and extension is.

Its not a file IT SAYS COPY THE BLACKVUE FOLDER ONTO YOUR SD CARD

How to upgrade Firmware
1) Access to BlackVue homepage(www.blackvue.com) and Check the newest firmware version in “Download” Page
Please format the SD card before update the newest firmware version
2) After check the firmware version, Download the file and UNZIP IT

IT BECOMES A FOLDER

3) Copy Blackvue folder to SD card ( THE FOLDER YOU UNZIPPED)
4) Insert SD card and turn on the camera for upgrading firmware

the file you download should be correct for your device, no need to change the name or extension, just extract if it's zip, rar etc

Thank you to all for your patience and response on a "new user" for this type of device. This method is different compared to say the B40/A118 dash cam where I copied and pasted a BIN file; hence I wanted to be sure I don't do this in error. Thank you

Simple answer WRONG VERSION read the version of the camera There is an HD and an GW HD which have you got??? Not the one you refer to in the link

Thanks Hillbilly, I've had the 500GW HD camera for nearly 18 months and haven't miss-read the models before, but yesterday I found the same firmware update, tried to update it and nothing happened, it didn't even recognize it and just went to "starting normal recording". I was getting frustrated and once I read your reply today, I couldn't believe I missed the wording.

Thanks again for pointing this out.

Thanks Hillbilly, I've had the 500GW HD camera for nearly 18 months and haven't miss-read the models before, but yesterday I found the same firmware update, tried to update it and nothing happened, it didn't even recognize it and just went to "starting normal recording". I was getting frustrated and once I read your reply today, I couldn't believe I missed the wording.

Thanks again for pointing this out.

Guess how I found out . LOL

Back