Can't upgrade firmware

dashy

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi,
Been trying to upgrade to latest firmware without success. I am following Niko's video, but when I hold menu button and press power button it just turns on like usual and doesn't go into firmware download / upgrade “bar” . I have upgraded firmwares a few months ago but 3 weeks ago I tried and no success and same again today.

Hi,
Been trying to upgrade to latest firmware without success. I am following Niko's video, but when I hold menu button and press power button it just turns on like usual and doesn't go into firmware download / upgrade “bar” . I have upgraded firmwares a few months ago but 3 weeks ago I tried and no success and same again today.

Check that there are no othet files on SD card, only firmware file.
Best if u first format SD card in PC then copy upgraded FW to memory card root.

mmm... GLG300.ELF file in root directory? :p

I did format mc first, it is 32gb, (just received 64gb today from amazon though)
GLG300.ELF file is what I am coping into the mc, it is just when I go and do it in the car as per Niko's video it just turn on like normal instead of going into firmware upgrade mode.

I did format mc first, it is 32gb, (just received 64gb today from amazon though)
GLG300.ELF file is what I am coping into the mc, it is just when I go and do it in the car as per Niko's video it just turn on like normal instead of going into firmware upgrade mode.

Few times when updating a FW in a hurry I pushed first Rec / On-Off button and then Menu, - this caused camera to record short video. After that I tried update right way: first hold down menu then push on/off and it did not updated because memory card had created fokders and short video because of mistake I made on the first place.
You need to go back to PC, format memory card, then do all over again step by step.

I am definitely pushing menu button first, I tried 20-30 times and updated firmware from pc several times and tried again in car many times, and pushed the menu at 2sec/4sec/10sec etc before pushing power button, just won't work

I am definitely pushing menu button first, I tried 20-30 times and updated firmware from pc several times and tried again in car many times, and pushed the menu at 2sec/4sec/10sec etc before pushing power button, just won't work

What FW you have now ?

32gb I believe fat32
v1.12.02 I believe it is.

I did try a different card yesterday with same result.
I just tried the new 64gb I received today and it said "Card Error", it is exfat

I did try a different card yesterday with same result.
I just tried the new 64gb I received today and it said "Card Error", it is exfat
It need fat 32 format for stable

I will try the Reset and will change 64gb mc to fat 32 later
Cheers.

I formatted 64gb to fat 32 and sent the elf file to it and put in Panorama but it still gives me card error on the dash cam.
How do I reset?

Update:

I wasn't able to get it formatted.
The 64gb has been working flawlessly though, so I am somewhat happy now.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
tom243 II / S 4
Back