Can't upgrade my firmware

deputydog95

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone else having this issue? Im on 1.09 I think and trying to get to 2.07.

The app acknowledges there's an upgrade and let's me download it. I even get to the point where it says the upgrade is complete but it never actually upgrades.

Any idea how to fix this? Am I making too big a jump? Maybe I need to upgrade to a few in between first?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Same happened to me going to 2.07 from an earlier 2.x version - I had to copy the files to teh card and do it that way .... I had been able to do OTA updates before, seems 2.07 for some reason didn't work

You should try updating to v1.011 first

So go to the website and download older/newer versions first?

Same boat here, I'm in the middle of troubleshooting with customer service

I've tried every way to go from 1.011 to 2.007 with no luck

Whoa - I suggest considering the reason for upgrading firmware. For me, if it won't add features or performance, why fix what isn't broke.

I bought a second unit of same model and dropped back to an earlier firmware because I had a spare older gps antenna. The newer firmware didn't support my older gps. The older firmware does everything.

I tend to agree with throrope, and I'm on V1.009.

An easy way to check what version you're on is to access your SD card in your viewer. At the top right-hand of the screen is the "Program Information" button. Left-click and it'll display both the Software and Firmware versions.

Good point except the higher bit rate recording is only available with the newest 2.x releases, so for me, there is a very compelling reason to upgrade

Being able to adjust the audio gain would be nice too. I'm on 1. 0009 and the mic is way too sensitive.

I finally got it to go from 1.011 to 2.007 - I tried EVERYTHING at two different locations (so different computers, cars, cameras), etc

I have no idea exactly what I did to get it to work, but I suspect it relates to (1) either using the old app or (2) the blank 16gb Blackvue card that comes with the camera

I'll leave all my notes here hopefully helps someone else ... none of this was OTA, all done with files copied from a laptop to the SD card
  • Cam was running older 1X, tried to upgrade to 2.007, but the cam would never say updating cam ... instead, all lights would just flash over and over again, I waited as long as 5 minutes (usually the flashing stops and cam tells you it's updating within 30s)
  • So then upgraded to 1.011 with no issues ... then I updated firmware settings with the OLD app ... camera rebooted and worked, but I could no longer connect to the cam via wifi ... the cam wifi icon was lit (I waited as long as 5 minutes), but my phone never saw the cam wifi network
  • Held down wifi button for 12s to force the cam to reinitialize the SD card hoping this would fix the wifi issue ... no luck, so I suspect using the OLD app somehow corrupts the fw so wifi no longer works
  • Removed 128gb card and inserted the 16gb Blackvue SD card that comes with the camera ... the card was completely black, reformatted with the PC Blackvue app ... cam said initializing SD card and while cam worked again, the wifi still didn't work
  • Reformatted the 128gb card, put 2.007 on it and tried again to go from 1.011 to 2.007 ... worked!
Note, I've tried over 10 times to go from 1.011 to 2.007 with 3 different cams with no luck. Two of them were already on x11 and would give me the flashing lights of death every time I tried. The only "new" steps were my messing around with a blank card in between.

Hi mauanfa1

Which 128gb card are you now using?

Hi mauanfa1

Which 128gb card are you now using?

Delkin 375x, haven't had any issues in years using them ... they've released a newer card, 1900x, so will be trying that one in a few days

Thanks. I've been using a Delkin 375x 64gb for 18 months. Please let us know how you get on with the new 1900x card.

I am having a similar except I was stuck on 1.003 then (after much frustration) upgraded to 1.004 but now I am unable to upgrade to a version higher than 1.004.

UPDATE ... go from a CLEAN 1.011 to 2.007 (trust me, I tried multiple other things tonight and nothing else worked for me)

format card, load 1.011 from PC and "upgrade" camera - let sit for 3-5 minutes so the process is complete
format card, load 2.007 from PC and voila, should work

much faster than all my steps below

I finally got it to go from 1.011 to 2.007 - I tried EVERYTHING at two different locations (so different computers, cars, cameras), etc

I have no idea exactly what I did to get it to work, but I suspect it relates to (1) either using the old app or (2) the blank 16gb Blackvue card that comes with the camera

I'll leave all my notes here hopefully helps someone else ... none of this was OTA, all done with files copied from a laptop to the SD card
  • Cam was running older 1X, tried to upgrade to 2.007, but the cam would never say updating cam ... instead, all lights would just flash over and over again, I waited as long as 5 minutes (usually the flashing stops and cam tells you it's updating within 30s)
  • So then upgraded to 1.011 with no issues ... then I updated firmware settings with the OLD app ... camera rebooted and worked, but I could no longer connect to the cam via wifi ... the cam wifi icon was lit (I waited as long as 5 minutes), but my phone never saw the cam wifi network
  • Held down wifi button for 12s to force the cam to reinitialize the SD card hoping this would fix the wifi issue ... no luck, so I suspect using the OLD app somehow corrupts the fw so wifi no longer works
  • Removed 128gb card and inserted the 16gb Blackvue SD card that comes with the camera ... the card was completely black, reformatted with the PC Blackvue app ... cam said initializing SD card and while cam worked again, the wifi still didn't work
  • Reformatted the 128gb card, put 2.007 on it and tried again to go from 1.011 to 2.007 ... worked!
Note, I've tried over 10 times to go from 1.011 to 2.007 with 3 different cams with no luck. Two of them were already on x11 and would give me the flashing lights of death every time I tried. The only "new" steps were my messing around with a blank card in between.

Back