Cant view last file- No 'Goodbye' screen

qwqw

Reaction score
Country
United States
got another g1wc for my other car. this time I bought from GearBest @$42.

I cant view the last file. my other g1wc could.

the difference is the new g1wc doesn't say 'Goodbye' when I turn off the car.
it just goes black.

this is the 2nd day I've had it. both times I drove 30min before turning the car off.

faulty unit? bad capacitor? :(

I bought one from Gearbest as well and I'm having the same problem. I think the capacitors are bad. To fix the corrupted last file, replay the video on your dashcam before transferring the file to your computer. The file gets repaired by the dashcam. You can also prevent the file from corrupting by manually stopping the recording or powering off the device before turning off your car.

Does your time/date reset if you leave it unplugged for a few hours?

@GearBest is here on the forums. PM them and explain the problem

it just goes black.

this is the 2nd day I've had it. both times I drove 30min before turning the car off.

You are having other problems with that unit that you posted on another thread?

If it's the same, I would say you should contact them to see what's up or possibly for a replacement

it just goes black.

I bought one from Gearbest as well and I'm having the same problem. I think the capacitors are bad. To fix the corrupted last file, replay the video on your dashcam before transferring the file to your computer. The file gets repaired by the dashcam. You can also prevent the file from corrupting by manually stopping the recording or powering off the device before turning off your car.

Does your time/date reset if you leave it unplugged for a few hours?

Hi Guys, not sure what's going on. I will talk this with our supplier ASAP, and let you know the progress. We will arrange a replacement if necessary.
Many thanks for your feedback.

-Gearbest

hi gearbest!

update:
well, this morning my gw1c very briefly showed the WELCOME screen when I turned OFF the car.
it was like less than 1/2 a second. and still cant view the last file.

so instead of a Goodbye screen, I get the Welcome screen again when I turn off the car.
Something definitely wrong with mine.

update2:
drove my car this afternoon.
when I turned off my car, the Welcome screen came up TWICE.
turned off car -> Welcome screen appeared -> black screen -> Welcome screen like it was trying to turn on again. Then black screen and stayed that way.

the whole sequence was very quick.
and I still cant view the last file.

Last edited:
im having similar issues. first i tried switching to a transcend card. then i tried switching to a class 4 card. then i updated the firmware that someone posted here that had the same issue... and still after doing all this, my last file is SOMETIMES corrupted.

bothering me because i meant to put my review up last week and this has been delaying it. if i cant find a fix im probably just gonna put up a negative review and tell people to buy it at their own risk.

mine DOES show the goodbye screen though.

edit:

i just tested a few things in my car. i realized i had been using a usb adaptor with 2 usb ports, one for my phone, one for my extra dashcam i am testing, the g1w-c currently. i noticed sometimes it doesnt have the goodbye screen and thats where i would assume it corrupts the file. it seems like it might only happen when i am using the usb adaptor instead of the stock 12v power supply cable. is it possible the camera isnt getting enough power?

@qwqw are you using the original power supply cable?

Last edited:
Hi @qwqw ,
Thanks for your update. I've got the news from our supplier, it could be the firmware which is broken in your G1W-C. Do you try to update the firmware? Our supplier sent me the file of firmware, Please let me know how could I forward it to you.

@pizzaengineer Thanks for your feedback, it is possible the camera isn't getting enough power, as you know, the capacitor can't work if the power is not enough.

Please let me know if there has any further help I could offer.

-Alta

Last edited by a moderator:
Back