Capacitor cams with battery for RTC

2000rpm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Many, including JooVuu, Mobius, Street Guardian.
I'm looking for suggestions for cams which use a capacitor for saving the last file but which have a small button-type battery or equivalent backup arrangement to retain date and time if the capacitor drains after several days of not being used.
I suppose I would also grudgingly accept a capacitor cam with date and time corrected by GPS, if such a thing exists.

Apart from Street Guardian, are there any others currently available?

Thanks for any suggestions,

I'm looking for suggestions for cams which use a capacitor for saving the last file but which have a small button-type battery or equivalent backup arrangement to retain date and time if the capacitor drains after several days of not being used.
pretty much everything in the market right now aside from Mobius cameras

I suppose I would also grudgingly accept a capacitor cam with date and time corrected by GPS, if such a thing exists.
that would still leave you losing the first file(s) before the GPS got signal due to overwriting, not a workable solution

Thanks, @jokiin :)

I should add that I have nothing against Street Guardian - I like your cams and my wife and I have a handful of SG cams between us which we rate very highly - but it's nice to have two *different* and unrelated front cams to reduce the chance of the same problem affecting both cams at the same time.

Basically I'm looking into replacements for the 'backup' Mobius cams which annoy me due to having to frequently reset the date/time.

Back