Capturing live stream from an android app

Philippe Cohen

Reaction score
Country
Israel
I am developing an Android application that aim to capture the live stream of a wide angle dash camera. I am looking for a dash cam (with good optical specs, especially with wide angle) that streams the video via USB or Wifi, not just to their own app but via some type of documented/standard Android API.

Any recommendation ?

Just.. ask the various manufactures to send you their code and details on how it works, then pick the one that suits your need the best. :)
I am sure they would be glad to share and have their R & D reverse engineered for the benefit of the public. especially as you are going to give your work away for free.. right?

I am developing this app for a client that is not interested to open source it. I am not really expecting vendors to give away their IP, I am just looking for vendors that have a developer strategy so I can select their camera. Actually I've found that YITechnology is starting such an intiative, using OpenSource (see https://github.com/YITechnology/YIOpenAPI), and also asked them directly since the project is very recent.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Street Guardian USA DIY Projects 16
Back