Car accident happened with dash cam. Video corrupted.

My event.

One i caught last year.

The one i caught last year was fortunate, the guy in the orange shorts you see get out of the car, thats just a passenger, the driver also got out and stood beside my car for a while before he left the scene on foot.
When i gave the police the footage a hour later or so on the station + footage from my L side camera, they very well knew the guy, so could go and pick him up at once for testing, and of course he was also high on cannabis ( it was a guy from way down south of the Mediterranean sea that at least if he follow the popular religion do not drink alcohol )

As a former criminal myself, it now give me immense pleasure when the right ones get nailed :cool: CUZ criminals today have no class, at least we had a shred of it when i was that kind of person.

Is it possible do you think if I put the sd card back into the dash cam and power it up the unit might repair the file and allow me to view it there?
Just thinking a bit but I wouldn't do anything with the card for the time being. If it's needed for any legal action you don't want to do anything that would alter what's recorded. If that should happen nothing on the card would be admissible as evidence.

The one i caught last year was fortunate, the guy in the orange shorts you see get out of the car, thats just a passenger, the driver also got out and stood beside my car for a while before he left the scene on foot.
When i gave the police the footage a hour later or so on the station + footage from my L side camera, they very well knew the guy, so could go and pick him up at once for testing, and of course he was also high on cannabis ( it was a guy from way down south of the Mediterranean sea that at least if he follow the popular religion do not drink alcohol )

As a former criminal myself, it now give me immense pleasure when the right ones get nailed :cool: CUZ criminals today have no class, at least we had a shred of it when i was that kind of person.
Lol, I know what you mean. Back then it was a different world it seemed. Today’s thugs/kids will walk up and gladly punch or kill you for your phone like it’s a game.

Just thinking a bit but I wouldn't do anything with the card for the time being. If it's needed for any legal action you don't want to do anything that would alter what's recorded. If that should happen nothing on the card would be admissible as evidence.
So the first thing I did was throw all of the files from the sd card on the cpu for backup. I also uploaded the smaller 5 second clip, that I took with my phone, right before impact to my insurance company. Right now I’ve just been working with the copies on the cpu.

So at least as far as evidence we’re good. I was just hoping to actually catch the impact and short aftermath.
Some things are better off not seen, I suspect this might be one of them!

Were they just turning into their drive? Or had they lost control?
Doesn't look like a situation where there should have been serious speed or injuries.

If there is any possibility that you might want to resort to profesional recovery then it is best to keep the card safe, not let anything write to it, but if you already have enough evidence then yes, some cameras will repair files. Don't think there is much hope though, sounds like the data never made it to the card.

There are good reasons the cheap cameras are not recommended, frequent lost footage of the actual accident is one of them.

yeah. my youngest niece have been in the hands of the wrong people since she was 15 or so, she is 18 and a mess today.
Nobody i knew sold drugs to kids, or stole from little old ladies ASO, and is someone moved in selling harder drugs, we went there kicked in the door and the door frame and kicked his ass and told him to get the hell out of our neighborhood.
Not that any of us couldn't get our hands on harder drugs and also some times used them our self, but in general it was not something any of us sold, or at least not at first, and thats when i cut ties to most of those people, and cleaned my own act up a lot, though i did continue to use cannabis myself for quite some time after that.

So the first thing I did was throw all of the files from the sd card on the cpu for backup. I also uploaded the smaller 5 second clip, that I took with my phone, right before impact to my insurance company. Right now I’ve just been working with the copies on the cpu.
Just to clarify... I had VLC up and playing the indexed video on my monitor while I recorded the important part on my phone.

My "new" favorite media player are pot player, but i dont think it have some file fixing wizardry build in.

Some things are better off not seen, I suspect this might be one of them!

Were they just turning into their drive? Or had they lost control?
Doesn't look like a situation where there should have been serious speed or injuries.

If there is any possibility that you might want to resort to profesional recovery then it is best to keep the card safe, not let anything write to it, but if you already have enough evidence then yes, some cameras will repair files. Don't think there is much hope though, sounds like the data never made it to the card.

There are good reasons the cheap cameras are not recommended, frequent lost footage of the actual accident is one of them.
So this was a pest control truck, Chevy Colorado, making a service call heading towards my fiancée on a pretty straight portion of road. About 20-25ft away from her he begins a very lazy left hand turn into the driveway. She swerved right to avoid him , but couldn’t go far right because there were telephone poles there. Also our 17 month old boy was in the backseat. He just had minor scratches on his leg, but that’s about it.

...I also uploaded the smaller 5 second clip, that I took with my phone, right before impact to my insurance company. Right now I’ve just been working with the copies on the cpu.
Yeah, insurance companies (especially yours) are generally willing to work with copies. However, if the matter should go to court then the original (unaltered) recordings would have to be available

So this was a pest control truck, Chevy Colorado, making a service call heading towards my fiancée on a pretty straight portion of road. About 20-25ft away from her he begins a very lazy left hand turn into the driveway. She swerved right to avoid him , but couldn’t go far right because there were telephone poles there. Also our 17 month old boy was in the backseat. He just had minor scratches on his leg, but that’s about it.
My fiancée was in my Hyundai Elantra.

Attachments

• D0FC9FDA-0AED-4762-9EDA-3C30EFA6BDDA.jpeg
    D0FC9FDA-0AED-4762-9EDA-3C30EFA6BDDA.jpeg
    126.4 KB · Views: 15
Thats a lot worse then my little red car was.

eba2a39a8b284ad0b858aedc4ce4bb22f9b12fed.jpg

Yeah, insurance companies (especially yours) are generally willing to work with copies. However, if the matter should go to court then the original (unaltered) recordings would have to be available
Oh yeah until this accident gets settled, it’s going under lock and key. I just felt like if there was something else on the video that I could use as evidence it would make the case that much stronger. Even though on its face it’s already a strong case.

It would have been different for sure if there had not been a sedan in between me and the 4 X 4 :) the girl in that car was pretty freaked out, so my attention immediately turned to her, assuring that among a lot of educations, advanced first aid and rescue are just one of the things i was bringing to the "party"

I might have been a pothead most of my life, but i have always worked and educated myself.
And as my 1 friend say " you are bourne at least 500 years too late, and at least 1000 Km too far north" ( due to me being old fashioned and a gentleman, and my love for hot weather, which up here in Denmark are not always a given thing even during summer )

couldn’t go far right because there were telephone poles there.
You definitely don't want to hit a telephone pole, they are worse than solid concrete!
Looks like the only good thing to do was hit the brakes hard, but you Americans seem rather poor at doing that.
My fiancée was in my Hyundai Elantra.
Failed to use the crumple zones, the car was not designed for that, carry on being cautious about any injury symptoms, could be something unusual since it is not a usual impact and would have had some nasty twisting forces with all the deceleration on one side.

Bloody hell, wasn’t expecting that amount of damage to your car, so the guy turned in front of her, is he now trying to wriggle out of it?

Bloody hell, wasn’t expecting that amount of damage to your car, so the guy turned in front of her, is he now trying to wriggle out of it?
As of right now the owner of the pest control company hasn’t returned phone calls to my insurance company. But in today’s age I wouldn’t be surprised if they try to play it like it wasn’t his fault.

Back