Car Adapter

mazinger

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi guys,

My car adapter from the A119 is broken. Do you know whether if I buy an adaptor from Amazon with the same voaltage and amp (5V 3.1 AMP), will it work with my A119?

Hi guys,

My car adapter from the A119 is broken. Do you know whether if I buy an adaptor from Amazon with the same voaltage and amp (5V 3.1 AMP), will it work with my A119?
Yes, you should be fine.

I have a spare car adapter with 5V and 1A output, will it damage to the dash cam? If I am buying a new car adapter, can I get a higher amp? (the reason is sometimes I see those higher amp car chargers are on sale such as Anker)

Also, I read somewhere in the forum that someone using an aftermarket 15 feet cables and the dash cam would not work due to the amp or voltage could not deliver enough power to the dash cam due to the extra length, is it true?

I have a spare car adapter with 5V and 1A output, will it damage to the dash cam? If I am buying a new car adapter, can I get a higher amp? (the reason is sometimes I see those higher amp car chargers are on sale such as Anker)

Also, I read somewhere in the forum that someone using an aftermarket 15 feet cables and the dash cam would not work due to the amp or voltage could not deliver enough power to the dash cam due to the extra length, is it true?
Higher amperage is fine as the camera with only use what it needs. 1A might work fine, but I believe Viofo recommends at least 1.5A. The issue with some of the long aftermarket USB cables is poor quality and or thin gauge wiring used in them. Lesser quality cables could see a voltage drop over the length of the cable causing issues. Poor shielding could be an issue as well.

Those should be fine.
The A119 only draws about .6A, maybe a little more on startup.

Thank you very much for your help! :)

My dashcam is able to be powered on a 5V 1A port. Not sure if it's going to harm the dashcam in the long run or not..

My dashcam is able to be powered on a 5V 1A port. Not sure if it's going to harm the dashcam in the long run or not..

If nothing wrong with your camera such as screen flicking , then it should be okay.

The spare one that I have at home is an old one that I ordered some many years ago from China. I am pretty sure it won't good for the dashcam.

If nothing wrong with your camera such as screen flicking , then it should be okay.

The spare one that I have at home is an old one that I ordered some many years ago from China. I am pretty sure it won't good for the dashcam.

The recorded footage still seems normal, 350 mb per 2 minute video and sound works.

The recorded footage still seems normal, 350 mb per 2 minute video and sound works.

So, you do not have to drain your wallet.

Mine is broken and I need a replacement.

I read some articles today saying that some USB QUICK car charger may damage the dashcam.

So, you do not have to drain your wallet.

Mine is broken and I need a replacement.

I read some articles today saying that some USB QUICK car charger may damage the dashcam.

Thanks for the heads up, I will keep an eye on it! How old was your dashcam until it stopped working?

Thanks for the heads up, I will keep an eye on it! How old was your dashcam until it stopped working?

My dashcam is less than a month old, it is still working fine but I broke the USB car adpater last week.

I need a new car adapter ASAP.

My dashcam is less than a month old, it is still working fine but I broke the USB car adpater last week.

I need a new car adapter ASAP.

Oh i'm not using the usb car adapter it came with, i'm using another device that has a 5v 1A port, with other usb ports.

Back