Car battery dieing from Parking Mode

Hi Robert@Calgary Dash Camera
I am still using the memory cards supplied with the camera by you. Both Lukas. I did format and update the micro on the PC when I transfered the camera to the Prius. The full size has only been formatted in the camera. It was almost full at transfer but was working OK.
Ian

There is definitely a bug in Fi23 firmware. Today I managed to emulate the fault condition that caused the battery to drain in my Prius. This is a serious problem in a Hybrid as if it does not start it can not be moved, in my garage I would not be able to get to the battery, so this would be a disaster.
I did a quick format of a new 32GB SanDisc Ultra on the PC. Installed it in the 7950 and after boot it went to “flashing Fat”. Pressed E no response Turned Off Car still flashing . ACC mode means it should power down but it did not. If left this would drain the Battery.
Carried out a reset format from the camera. After Update message and a format and a Fat all went back to normal.
The files are being recorded in 3 min segments and read fine via VLC but not from the Lukas viewer in WIN 10.
The config file on the SD card cannot be changed from settings in the PC viewer as message “The ssid must enter at least 6 characters” comes up on save.
Setting up from the APP on the Tab is only partially successful. After a format all settings are at default. I can not set CPL or rear tinting. It says saved but its is not changed from not in use. Miles, volts cut off look OK. Video does not flow from the viewer. Opens OK then a couple of frames and stops. My phone and Tab are on different Android versions but video is the same. If “flashing Fat” is up wi-fi cannot be on so the only option is the Camera buttons and settings are not available here.
The results are the same on both the original Lukas SD cards and the new Ultra SD so I am going back to the Lukas original.
This was fine on FD21, although the Battery drain bug was there, I was just lucky not to hit it, is there a way back?
Is there a way to write the settings to the Micro SD or the camera.?
How do I change 3 to 5 min record, it is no longer an option in settings.?
Are we due firmware / software updates that will resolve these issues?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V LK-7950 2
K LK-7950 2
Back