Car battery drain..?

I have had no problems in starting the car ( so far ) it’s just that I keep getting alerts on the app, ( yes it has an app) and the screen display says system shutting down to save battery, the car was registered in January and I bought it just as we went into lockdown so it was sat in the dealers compound for two months, now I don’t know if the battery went completely flat and had to be jump started, but I’ve heard that it can damage these type of batteries, funnily enough I did get that message as we were doing the handover when we picked it up, but noticed it more since we had the cam fitted, I thought it best to start again, so to speak and just use the cam without any parking mode and go from there, then I can move onto something else if the cam seems ok

Happy to report mine is still running this AM. Car's "System Check" on starting did not show any "External device draining battery" warning message either. All is well again, Woohoo! :giggle:

The iRoad x10 is still scanning for motion near the car as the four LEDS do their blinking (warning) thing when approached outside. Rear camera LED ring is lit too. I installed a 128GB card in it as the stock 32GB it came with would only last about 15 hours so it may have been shutting down when full in Parking mode and not looping. Voltage set to 12.3 volts.

Only thing I've done was to switch out the OEM sulfuric stock car battery (600 CCA) with the Northstar AGM which purports 880 CCA but dealer checked on installing and it was over that at ~910 CCA. He said "They generally ran a bit higher than what they claim."

Still working fine here this AM. Running two days.

Did not drive car at all yesterday. Dash cam front and back is still running, and car's startup "System Check" shows no error message. Northstar battery for the win, and the stock (6 month ofd, new car) OEM battery to the scrap yard.

Had the camera powered from the cigarette adapter and have had the battery message only on one morning the rest of the time it’s not shown the message, I think it’s because my adapter stays powered for 30 min ( I think) and I forgot to unplug it whilst parked in my garage overnight, and it migh5 have been just enough to show the system off to save battery message, other than that it’s been ok, the next step is to refit the pmp but not connect the cam just to see how that goes

Does not the ciggy adapter power switch off when you switch off the ignition? They usually do.
This "I think" stuff just doesn't cut it with fault finding. You need to be sure else there is no point and you will just be going around in circles.
Your idea of connecting the PMP with no camera is sound, but instead of waiting to see if the car raises a problem, you need to measure the current drawn by it (yellow wire, or black wire) to find out how much current the PMP is drawing on its own and how much current the cam is drawing and then compare those figures with a known good system. Once you know whether the 'problem' is with the car or the camera.
Any other "tests" are pretty pointless as it will prove virtually nothing.

You say the app says that the "system is shutting down". What system?

You say the app says that the "system is shutting down". What system?

i have an app on my phone that monitors the car status, the system is the car itself, I imagine it’s going into power saving mode, ie shutting down non essential stuff ( if that’s possible) thus saving enough “ juice “ to start the car, the message also appears on the cars info screen as well

So for the last couple of weeks I’ve been running around with the cam powered by the cigarette socket I have been monitoring the output from the battery it drops to 11.9v according to my multimeter, I reconnected the pmp which came on ok, I have checked that the light on the pmp goes out at this voltage which it does, so it looks like the cam and pmp are ok..so I’ve reconnected everything and will see how it goes

Back