Car Charger

bum99my

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Dash Cam
NB512GW, SG9663DC
The cameras stopped working less than a week of using it. Did some checking and found the the tip of the car charger is broken (I was relieved it weren't the cameras). The chrome tip and the chrome collar were left inside when I pulled the unit out. Had to use a pair of tweezers to get the broken bits out.

Already ordered a CELLPOWER CPUSB01 12V to 5V MiniUSB Power Adapter with BDP (Battery Discharge Prevention) Low Voltage Cut-Off as a replacement. Should be here within a week or so.

I have a Nextbase car charger on hand but that outputs 1.5A as opposed to SG's 1A. Will it cause any damage to both front/rear cameras if I was to use that in the meantime?

Attachments

• IMAG0170.jpg
    IMAG0170.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 24
The cameras stopped working less than a week of using it. Did some checking and found the the tip of the car charger is broken (I was relieved it weren't the cameras). The chrome tip and the chrome collar were left inside when I pulled the unit out. Had to use a pair of tweezers to get the broken bits out.

Already ordered a CELLPOWER CPUSB01 12V to 5V MiniUSB Power Adapter with BDP (Battery Discharge Prevention) Low Voltage Cut-Off as a replacement. Should be here within a week or so.

I have a Nextbase car charger on hand but that outputs 1.5A as opposed to SG's 1A. Will it cause any damage to both front/rear cameras if I was to use that in the meantime?
Contact the seller, he will send you a new charger.

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

@niko,

I already have thru Amazon. We'll see how it goes.

Thanks for the reply.

The output rating of the charger only indicates the maximum current that is available to use.

The actual current drawn will determined by the connected device i.e. the camera.

Hello I just got your message. (Saturday morning here) You’ll be happy to know the DC power supply was redesigned and the new ones now have a reinforced metal end. I’m ready to send you a replacement. I’ll follow up with your Amazon message and send a private message here as well. Stand by, -Jon

73ce60b4ca452f123815f451f3e106f6.jpg

The output rating of the charger only indicates the maximum current that is available to use.

The actual current drawn will determined by the connected device i.e. the camera.
Thanks franka. Didn't know that. I thought the figure was the constant output by the charger,

Private Message received replacement updated charger is on the way to Malaysia. Sorry about that first one. You'll find this updated metal charger to be rock solid.

Received the new charger with the metal end today. It took a while but better late than never. Thank you SG USA!!!

Malaysia via USPS can be a bit slow from time to time, glad it made it! Enjoy!

PS, I just did a quick photo shoot for the updated charger. We should have these available to buy via Amazon Fulfillment/Prime soon as an accessory for those that need a spare.
(Part Number: SG9CCM90)

1.jpg

2.jpg

Back