Car Chase on rural road captured with B1Ws (front and rear)

Daali

Reaction score
Country
United States

The quality of the video is damaged by youtube processing. However, even in the raw video you cannot make out the driver's license plate due to speed. I was going 48MPH and he/she had to be going 75+ (crossing into my lane on curve). Videos were turned over to Jackson County sheriff, no word on if he/she was apprehended.

That's pretty cool. I just bought my fourth B1W. Now I have a front-mounted on each one, and a rear on my daughter's car (first year driving to high school. She's a senior, and my son is a freshman.) Now they're covered front and back. I'll probably do the same to my wife's car, don't know if I'll do mine.

BTW, you should really try the CPL filter to cut down those reflections. You have a very shiny dash.

The quality of the video is damaged by youtube processing. However, even in the raw video you cannot make out the driver's license plate due to speed. I was going 48MPH and he/she had to be going 75+ (crossing into my lane on curve). Videos were turned over to Jackson County sheriff, no word on if he/she was apprehended.
You misjudge his speed, by a huge amount!

You pass 1 telegraph pole every 4 seconds, he passes 1 telegraph pole per second, so if you were doing 48MPH, he was doing 48*4 = 192MPH, which would explain why the cop was failing to keep up! Presumably your real speed was a bit less than 48MPH, 192MPH seems unlikely, however the cop is going nowhere near fast enough to keep up and it does look like quite a fast cop car...

Back