car-dvr.info....

RacingSnake

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Russia are known for their high usage of in car dashcams, they clearly have some talented people there.

But, is there something against 'outsiders'?

I posted a question on there (as was asked to do from here), and I got verbally abused, got swore at and still no-one has actually answered any questions.
I made my donation for the custom firmware (for the 550), and as a result accepted that I'd get early access to the new versions.
I would have accepted that there would be some bugs, and would have thought that the developers would take the opportunity to have feedback from a wider range of users.
Instead, one of these developers just attacked me - makes me wonder why the hell I bothered to pay money to 'help' people like that, who aren't grateful and who aren't willing to take feedback...

And to top it all off as a result of that spat with one of them, I have been assigned to a 'miserable users' usergroup... and I know about this usergroup because I run a number of car forums where I have this very same function. (it forces the user to have random & multiple page loading errors and posting delays).

I know I've turned this into a bit of a rant, but it annoys me when you genuinely try to support (both financially and through testing), and this is the treatment you get.

At least on here, you get genuine help from people.

you're not the first person to complain about being talked down to there, some of the users seem to miss the language barrier and think you're supposed to have some set sort of knowledge level already, not a good experience, personally I never assume how much a person knows and don't talk down to people regardless of how simple a question it might be or how many times it might have been asked previously

it's probably called something different on your forum.

maybe "Newbie"?
hehe. jolly joke ) it's forum's default group of users with not enough post numbers

Well you did talk about possible virus or false positives. Programmers cannot be expected to make their program work with all virus scanners especially depending on what OS they use. If they were programming on windows it should only be expected to pass windows defender/security essentials not avast. They told you it was clean and you still did not believe them or wanted them to admit it was a false positive. Language barriers and cultural differences will have a lot to do with your situation. In addition, I am certain they expect any use of "custom firmware" to be a little more technological advanced and understand issues can happen and that users should be expected to try out other antivirus to see if he/she gets the same results and either way you can always add an exclusion to any antivirus. Most people on forums perceive everything as a direct threat against themselves and will get defensive. You paid for early access and nothing more. Did not pay for them to be nice to you. Maybe that would require a super high donation. I for one just wait for the public releases by that time more bugs and solutions are known, less issues for me.

Well you did talk about possible virus or false positives.
Yes, I did raise that it showed that it contained a virus.
They told you it was clean and you still did not believe them or wanted them to admit it was a false positive.
Now this is COMPLETELY incorrect.
I got a screenshot showing from one person that it said it was clean, NOT ONE single time did I say I did not believe them. I posted my photo to show what my screenshot told me.

The very next post told me that I was talking ****.

Really? did no-one even read the post? - Can you please point out to me where I stated I did not believe them...
Just in case, I've attached a screenshot of the conversation...

Infact it was me who said it was causing a false positive.
So instead of telling me that my stuff is ****, how about you say "Really sorry, it's clean, it causes a false positive", then you wouldn't need to be so rude.

How about they take it as feedback and not attack anyone who is trying to help with the development?
Cultural differences or not, SanX's attitude was disgusting, and to be blunt - it cannot be defended.

You are correct about paying for early access - but in addition I thought I'd help with exploring why it just does not work with fast cards at a higher bitrate. - Instead no-one wants to know? and just get all defensive and starts swearing at me.

Why will you not accept the help? - why must you then come on here then and tell lies about me saying I did not believe them...

Attachments

• New Picture.jpg
    New Picture.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
I also notice - as can also be seen on that screenshot that I'm now being "watched".

Good work guys.

I have nothing to do with that forum and do not pay for the custom firmware (I wait for the free access). I only post on this forum and reread i said "or admit it was a false positive." Why would they even bother doing that when they think you are a newbie for using avast hence his statement right after you said
quoteicon.png
Сообщение от macabre
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ql9rxpjynw89i2w/SDCardTester.exe
Racingsnake This seems to be infected with Malware.

SanX
Avast is the ****ing ****, you should remove it

In which you argue back that Avast is a professional product. Guess what Symantec and Mcaffee had professional products and they barely caught anything. Everyone has their favorite virus scanner and think the others are crap so people who use those must not know what they are doing. He told you to remove avast if you did not want that message that comes up in your screenshot, you did not want to. If you do not feel comfortable removing Avast or adding an exclusion then just do not use that card tester product/program. If you do want to use it then do what he asks and then just ignore him/his attitude and be happy.

I did notice they have 1.2 firmware where they increase speed of memory card. Have you tried that version? Also I assume a newer firmware version might fix your issues in the future.

Personally I wouldn't have Avast on my backside for a wart. Have tried it and AVG and reckon they are both substandard products.
I have used Nortons IE for years and have never ever had an infected computer.
When I tried the two above programs I had to reformat my drives to get rid of of each of them.
I work on the theory that if a program s given away for free that's all its worth.

One can check a file for viruses with 40+ antivirus programs online at virustotal.com. This way you can get an impression of detection quality/accuracy of different programs.

and reread i said "or admit it was a false positive."
I even put it in bold about me stating the false positive... I'm not sure why people think I didn't make this suggestion????

But do you know what, this isn't about Avast/AVG/McAfee/Norton - this is about attitude and replies - I wouldn't have been drawn into conversation if some 'random person' hadn't put his first reply as 'avast is ****ing ****'.
that's it, that's all his reply was.
As I have said 4 times now, what happened to common courtesy... what happened to "Sorry it's a false positive ignore it". I didn't swear at him, but I get this abuse back....

I run 3 forums, one with 6000+ members, if I saw responses like that one from SanX (especially to newbies) they would be banned for a couple of weeks to cool off.

"I did notice they have 1.2 firmware where they increase speed of memory card. Have you tried that version? Also I assume a newer firmware version might fix your issues in the future."
This is what I've been running on since it was released. - hence why I was trying to seek support, rather than 'wait for the next version' to see if it fixed the issue.
Like I've said before, why would someone not try to resolve these sort of issues.... I know I'm not alone with these speed problems, there are at least 2 other guys on here with them.

Looks like it's turned into a bit of a carry over argument about 'Avast' on here too, but that's not the point - Where would you find it acceptable to be sworn at, with no context or justification in the very first reply?
Maybe it's just me - in fact it looks like it is - I think standards have just dropped through the floor - and more and more people condone this sort of behaviour.
I actually pride myself on being courteous and helpful on the forums as I would do in day to day life - but I do like to know 'why' I am doing something, 'why' something is not working.

Hi macabre... I checked that and it reports clear.

But I have already said its a false positive, so that's fine.

What isn't fine is the aggression I got back from SanX.

I downloaded crystalmark and posted the results for 3 cards, I demonstrated 2 videos with 2 different cards, I explained the issues.... but the best rly I get from the programmer was that virus killer is ****ing ****, I dont know how that is seen as helpful.

you confuse the words "f***** ****"? you will forgive SaNX. it's still not real life. in Internet such statements are still possible.

Ya i know you said it was a false positive what i mean is you wanted them to admit it was after you said it instead of it being a virus. Nothing wrong with wanting that but guess you cannot expect it from someone. He obviously really hates avast. He has every right to his opinion he swore about the product. Common courtesy just is hard to find nowadays so I just expect the lowest from people and it is a bonus when they do have it. Courtesy can be affected by a persons mood or what they are currently doing at the time. Lets hope it gets better from here on out! What type of memory card are you using?

The cards in use are a sandisk extreme 64GB rated at r45/w45, tested at r46/w33 and a Samsung Pro 64GB rated at r80/w20, tested at r67/w17.
neither are fast enough to cater for a F12 R6 bitrate combination.

Cards are fast enough, they've got the write strategy wrong

which is what I suggested in they "suggestions for firmware for the dr550gw" thread on the forum and I got shot down with sarcasm saying, is it they responsbility to write firmware for the SD cards now:

I said this:

A suggestion would be to fix the issue with 64gb sd cards, which crash....

Another is to fix the issue with SD cards not performing when upping the bitrates....

I got this reply:

Saj, how to solve the problem of SD?
This question need to ask card manufacturer.
How can we affect the performance SD? Create a custom firmware for the SD?

Dear friends, maybe I do not understand a bit of what the issue is.
I do not have 550, so the question is not fully possess. After flashing got a brick that is not so alive
But if you do not like the custom firmware - install the original, what kind could be a question?
with flash cards 64 GB, now are investigated, there is not so simple, the manufacturer has limited the number of files on a CD and more.
I use a 16 GB card, i have no problems

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
X DR500GW-HD 28
Back