Car DVR with best video quality, should be smallest possible and without LCD

Felipe

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Hi, i am looking for small Car DVR, i dont want lcd, it need it smallest size possible, i think that it should be hided and hate big dash cameras with wires.. Want smallest car dvr possible with good video quality. I bought A8 Car dvd camera, the size is good, quality is not so bad, but focus is not good, i would like something a little bit better, i will put A8 on rear and better car dvr on front. Problem that A8 have too many variations and you never know what how will be image quality. I see 0803 car dvr that looks have good quality, but it have lcd and i dont want light when i drive. Bought A8 car dvr for USD 27.00 on aliexpress, would like to but car dvr that will be at least less than USD 50.00. Aliexpress and ebay usually have good prices.. Thanks

the LCD doesn't stay on when you drive

maybe the Mobius or Innov is more suitable for what you want

0803 video rec performance ( day / night ) is trully good compare to 0801 and its better than Mobius B-lens at night, however firmware wise there are still some improvements to be made ( bug fixes ). As jokiin mentioned: LCD does not stay always on. Quickest LCD automatic turn off option is 1min.

It means, when i start car engine it Will have LCD screen on for 1 minute ? It does not make sense, it's possible turn it off and only turn on when i click on 0803 button ?

It means, when i start car engine it Will have LCD screen on for 1 minute ? It does not make sense, it's possible turn it off and only turn on when i click on 0803 button ?
Ya, and just hide it out of our line of sight if you don't want to see the screen

It does make sense for some people. Of course best would be to have option in the menu to shoce "LCD always OFF" unless you click any menu buttons, but thats should be addressed in "suggestions" section of 0803.
Anyway, most people mount it behind rearview mirror and you dont see if LCD turns on, unless you lean down.

I just got the INNOVV c2 and loving it so far. It's tiny and has better quality picture than my far more expensive Blackvue dr550gw-2ch.

Last edited:
You could allways put a Little pice of black elektrical tape over the screen, if it bother you beeing on for 1 minute while booting and getting under way.

The small mobius and innovv cameras allso have a flashing LED, though i do think its possible to turn that off on both of them ( using the setup software )

You could allways put a Little pice of black elektrical tape over the screen, if it bother you beeing on for 1 minute while booting and getting under way.

The small mobius and innovv cameras allso have a flashing LED, though i do think its possible to turn that off on both of them ( using the setup software )
Personally, I don't think it's a good idea to have no indication that your cam is recording. Because of the state of our roads, I have, on occasions, found the power connection has 'jiggled' out - also, all those sharp jolts when you go over potholes or bumps cannot be doing the cam much good. I find it reassuring to see the steady flashes off my mobius' LED.

I had to swap vehicles yesterday and was using my G1W, just after an 'incident' I turned the screen on to make sure it was still recording - and it wasn't.
Fortunately, when I later checked, it had recorded the actual main event - but not the follow up conversation.
I think a pothole had disturbed the cam & it stopped recording.
Had the unit indicated this (maybe a chime?) I could've checked and pressed the record button.

Note to manufacturers, maybe a chime to indicate 'recording started' and maybe a double chime to indicate 'recording stopped'? My G1W does this when power is applied/lost (and so when recording starts), but in this instance, power was still on & the unit simply went to charge mode.

Personally, I don't think it's a good idea to have no indication that your cam is recording. Because of the state of our roads, I have, on occasions, found the power connection has 'jiggled' out - also, all those sharp jolts when you go over potholes or bumps cannot be doing the cam much good. I find it reassuring to see the steady flashes off my mobius' LED.

I had to swap vehicles yesterday and was using my G1W, just after an 'incident' I turned the screen on to make sure it was still recording - and it wasn't.
Fortunately, when I later checked, it had recorded the actual main event - but not the follow up conversation.
Had the unit indicated this (maybe a chime?) I could've checked and pressed the record button.

Note to manufacturers, maybe a chime to indicate 'recording started' and maybe a double chime to indicate 'recording stopped'? My G1W does this when power is applied/lost (and so when recording starts), but in this instance, power was still on & the unit simply went to charge mode.
Was your car battery full? Maybe it didn't have enough power to turn the cam on

I agree sludgeguts.
Once in a while my cameras allso jiggle Loose from the power source, but since i use a 1 to 4 adapter on a wire i have secured the powersupplies for my cameras with rubber bands, so now its just the 1 plug in my cars outlet that can get looes.
Later this summer i plan on bypassing that and solder directely into some power under the dashbord.

I just felt like i sould mention it as Felipe sound to be as light sensetive as a vampire :D

I noticed that the 12v-5v adapter that came with my Mobius would often work itself loose from the 12v socket - basically, the spring-loaded +ve of the adapter would simply push the adapter out of the socket as the vehicle bounced around the roads. What normally held the adapter in place was the springy side contacts (the -ve contacts) and the bouncing around as I hit bumps and potholes would eventually allow the adapter to work loose. Had to use an extension socket so I could wrap some black electrical tape around to hold the adapter firmly into the socket.

My issue is i wish i could turn it off without using my pc.

Generally while driving i do like to know it is recording but in parking mode i wish it would automatically turn off the lights.

Would be really great have 0803 camera wihout screen and with same size A8, but keeping 0803 vdeo quality..

Would be really great have 0803 camera wihout screen and with same size A8, but keeping 0803 vdeo quality..
Have you checked out the A118?

Back