Car fire across the street

GTA Driver

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Iroad 3300CH, G1W-c, Mobius C, A119 v1 & v3, A118-c2
On Youtube as an unlisted video for various reasons.

The adapter and cables that came with my rear a118c2 on did not have a detachable USB type cable, so I could not connect a battery pack to it. Got new cables from Amazon last week, but haven't gotten into a habit of connecting a battery pack like I have the front. My rear camera was running off the cigarette outlet. Also, from time to time I reverse park so my camera is pointed to the street, but not this evening. My front camera usually has the battery pack and its an a119, which has better night vision. So with all of that, did not get the fire starting.

I could see the glass in the front door illuminating and then looked out to see a car accross the street on fire. We called 911, but someone called minutes before us and the fire was on the way.

My wife watches too many movies and thought the neighbors car would explode and I should move our SUV. So I cut the 911 call with Fire and police when i was explaining I may have video, forgetting I did not use the battery packs for the rear camera in the morning. The video, here is of myself backing and parking the the side street. I then switched the rear camera to the battery pack, which can explain the loss of 17 seconds at the 40 second mark. It goes from 19:59 to 19:50:17

911 was already aware of the fire before we called but the police officer I spoke to one the phone seemed interested before I came running out of the house to heed my wives fear of exploding vehicles.

If you go to the 1:14 mark, you will see a car almost go over the fire hose ... in a distracted daze not noticing the fireman next to his car.

At the 6:29 mark the police arrive to block the street. I told one of them I spoke to 911 but appears I may not have video of the time before the car caught on fire. He did not seem interested. He is claiming some car parts are biodegradable and apparently rodents chew away at it. The vehicle the caught fire ----- a Mercedes SUV

Another mistake . The camera is tilted too high. I must have inadvertently knocked it when moving a new 4k Smart TV in the back on Friday.

How not to DIY hard wire your dashcam. :giggle:

Back