Car hotspot

Shoobabaloo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thinkware Q800 pro
Purchased an independant dongle and data sim to create permanent hotspot in the car.
If the camera is connected on my portable car internet. I am unable to connect to the camera with my phone due to the camera being connected to that internet connection. Therefore I can’t use cloud features even when the camera is on and connected to the internet from my car.
Anyone else having same issue?

Hello There,

When the Dash Cam is connected to a Portable Hotspot the smartphone will only be able to access the Cloud Features ( Vehicle Tracking, Geo-Fencing and Remote Live View). You will not be able to change settings and view video files unless connected with your smartphone directly.

Hello There,

When the Dash Cam is connected to a Portable Hotspot the smartphone will only be able to access the Cloud Features ( Vehicle Tracking, Geo-Fencing and Remote Live View). You will not be able to change settings and view video files unless connected with your smartphone directly.
HI, Thanks for your response. I understand that you cannot change the setting but i am not able to access any of the cloud features. I cannot track my car or receive any geo fencing notifications or live view, even thinkware support could not resolve this issue for me. Think ware advertising states i should be able to access these features but the reality is i cannot, really hoping someone can help me with this issue?? My dash cam states the i am connected to the internet! It's very frustrating......

HI, Thanks for your response. I understand that you cannot change the setting but i am not able to access any of the cloud features. I cannot track my car or receive any geo fencing notifications or live view, even thinkware support could not resolve this issue for me. Think ware advertising states i should be able to access these features but the reality is i cannot, really hoping someone can help me with this issue?? My dash cam states the i am connected to the internet! It's very frustrating......
Is the camera still warrantied? If support can't find out the problem, it would lead me to believe that it is a hardware problem.

Thinkware only recently released remote live view via Cloud (<2 weeks) and we were personally notified that it's still being worked on before full functionality.

Keep in mind the Q800PRO's Cloud feature was never advertised to have remote live view.

@EsQueue @Shoobabaloo @BlackboxMyCar Our latest Q800PRO Firmware (V1.01.01) should resolve your issue! We have tested this firmware version with a mobile hotspot device and the Thinkware Cloud Features do work. Here is a tutorial video to connect your mobile hotspot device with the Q800PRO. (The app in the video is outdated so you will need to select "Connect to another device" instead of selecting Wi-Fi or Hotspot).

@EsQueue @Shoobabaloo @BlackboxMyCar Our latest Q800PRO Firmware (V1.01.01) should resolve your issue! We have tested this firmware version with a mobile hotspot device and the Thinkware Cloud Features do work. Here is a tutorial video to connect your mobile hotspot device with the Q800PRO. (The app in the video is outdated so you will need to select "Connect to another device" instead of selecting Wi-Fi or Hotspot).
Thinkware only recently released remote live view via Cloud (<2 weeks) and we were personally notified that it's still being worked on before full functionality.

Keep in mind the Q800PRO's Cloud feature was never advertised to have remote live view.

Hi, thanks for your response. i have already updated and tried this out but to no avail. could you tell me what mobile device you used to connect? To date i have tried an ee car hotspot, a huawei single and different data cards. Can only connect to my iphone hotspot. I am aware that the thinkware was not advertised with live view as that is a new feature provided with the latest firmware. it was however advertised with find your car and geo fencing. pointless really as i will have to be in the car with my iphone hotspot to access any it! If you have found a device that will work please tell me what it is. Thanks.

@Shoobabaloo Did you delete the Mifi device from the app? If not delete it from the connected devices list and try again. Would you mind sending us a screenshot of your Thinkware Cloud App that shows your firmware and app version? We tested the new firmware with a MiFi 7000.

@Shoobabaloo Did you delete the Mifi device from the app? If not delete it from the connected devices list and try again. Would you mind sending us a screenshot of your Thinkware Cloud App that shows your firmware and app version? We tested the new firmware with a MiFi 7000.
Just tried it, no go im afraid. Although my cam does say im connected to the internet but as you see from screen shot 2, no app connection. This is my screenshot as requested. Could it be the dongle im using Huawei e8372, very frustrating. Cant get the mifi 7000 in UK,any other suggestions ......HELP!

Attachments

• 8D578610-3001-4E3D-A51A-2B49FBDDC1A3.jpeg
    8D578610-3001-4E3D-A51A-2B49FBDDC1A3.jpeg
    71.8 KB · Views: 16
  • A00F09BA-4BD0-439F-A4B5-A98E656A9F3C.jpeg
    A00F09BA-4BD0-439F-A4B5-A98E656A9F3C.jpeg
    81.3 KB · Views: 15
Just tried it, no go im afraid. Although my cam does say im connected to the internet but as you see from screen shot 2, no app connection. This is my screenshot as requested. Could it be the dongle im using Huawei e8372, very frustrating. Cant get the mifi 7000 in UK,any other suggestions ......HELP!
Correction to above. Tried it again and it has worked.....One very happy bunny. Thankyou so much for your help, much appreciated.

i have similar problem

i got my hotspot (huawei) finally connected to the cameras (it's not very clear that you first have to register them via your phone's hotspot, before you can use an external hotspot)

both cameras say they are connected to the internet, yet i can not get a connection with my phone. (hotspot itself works fine)

Also, as soon as they go into parking mode they disconnect from the hotspot which can't be normal ?!

am i to understand that it's normal that te cameras disconnect from the hotspot in park ?
meaning all the cloud feature are only available when someone's driving the car?
why would i wanna live view then… want to use it when it's parked in case of an event...
also doesn't explain how "impact notification wile parked" would/could work..?

am i to understand that it's normal that te cameras disconnect from the hotspot in park ?
meaning all the cloud feature are only available when someone's driving the car?
why would i wanna live view then… want to use it when it's parked in case of an event...
also doesn't explain how "impact notification wile parked" would/could work..?
That is correct, once the device goes into Parking Mode the WiFi/Hotspot Connections are disabled. The Cloud Features can only be used while the Dash Cam is in Continuous Mode. If connected via Mobile Hotspot you will only have access to the Cloud Features Page. To view files, settings and such you have to be connected directly with your smartphone to the Dash Cam (WiFi or Hotspot). Our Cloud Features are mostly designed for Fleet Tracking, and monitoring other people driving the vehicle. The Deep Impact Notifications are for incidents while driving only. We are looking into creating a Dash Cam that can be viewed 24/7 remotely. This would require a Data Plan/Dedicated Hotspot to be connected to the Internet. This is something that would be more in 2020 however.

Unfort so far it doesn't even work for me in continuos mode.

And how does "impact notification wile parked" work? - is the camera supposed to wake up, connect & send a message?

i have similar problem

i got my hotspot (huawei) finally connected to the cameras (it's not very clear that you first have to register them via your phone's hotspot, before you can use an external hotspot)

both cameras say they are connected to the internet, yet i can not get a connection with my phone. (hotspot itself works fine)

Also, as soon as they go into parking mode they disconnect from the hotspot which can't be normal ?!

Firstly have you updated the cam to latest firmware?

Unfort so far it doesn't even work for me in continuos mode.

And how does "impact notification wile parked" work? - is the camera supposed to wake up, connect & send a message?
We do not have a Parking Incident Notification Feature for any of our models since they cannot be connected to while in Parking Mode. This is something we are considering for an upcoming dash cam. Ensure once registered you have enabled the Network Function, Impact Video and Notification in the Network Function Settings.

then why is this function mentioned in the app & advertised by thinkware ?

network has been enabled, camera connects to hotspot ("connected to the internet") but still not working...

Attachments

• 20190719_112358000_iOS.png
    20190719_112358000_iOS.png
    131.1 KB · Views: 10
Ok i feel stupid now. network was NOT enabled (completely overlooked this under te camera settings) SORRY.

so they only interesting thing would be to get notifications while car is parked. (as it says in the settings, or does this not apply to my particular model….?)

Last edited:
so it will be an firmware update for the older devices like F800 pro and Q800 pro for real time and cloud connection from anywhere or just for new dash cams future released.

connection to dash cam on continues mode not that good cous you need physically to connect the phone to the wifi the person who you care don't know how to do that and on the journey they need stop and get out from the car what then ? Why the camera can't connect automatically to dedicated phone,
you have to press the button on dash cam to do so
is any future update for it ?
anyone
Regards Dan
PS sorry for my broken english

Back