Car Number

Tom Stout

Reaction score
Country
United States
There is an option to enter a car number into the camera. When the display is on, the car number shows at the top of the screen Is there any way to get that number to show up in the video?

That's what I thought too, but it's not on the video, just on the camera display screen. Has anyone been able to get that to show up?

I still can't get this to work. When viewing on the back of the camera display, it shows the car number at the top, but it doesn't appear anywhere in the video.

Yes, the date and time appear in the video.

on some firmware versions the settings are all or nothing which is why I asked, if it's not showing up though it's not something you're doing wrong, it's a firmware problem

I'm not able to get the GPS to work either, I wonder if I need to update the Firmware to fix both..?

ok, unlikely this is the original version, you might be lucky and be able to run the firmware off the original version though which could get those functions working for you

Finally got it to work! I updated the firmware that was posted here: https://dashcamtalk.com/b40-a118/#Firmware

I bought this camera from Amazon thinking it was made by BlackBoxMyCar.com, but the one I bought is a cheap knockoff and has been programmed with a different firmware that did not allow GPS.

After updating the Firmware it works perfectly!

@BlackboxMyCar is not a manufacturer, just a reseller. The b40/a118 is a generic camera with no official brand name. If a company orders a large enough quantity to resell, the factory will print the seller's "brand" on it for them as well.

Yeah...I was thinking more along the lines of the firmware. They said different companies modify the firmware on cameras they sell..

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L A118 (B40) 10
Back