Car running a red light at a busy intersection

Leo_SF

Reaction score
Country
United States
This same car with out of state plate partially pulled out into my middle lane from the right lane a block earlier and then immediately back into his own lane when he saw me.

I have this AZDOME A307(with firmware from A305) in my car and I am underwhelmed. I should have been able to read the plate of the car.

Well someone made a poor call on that one :rolleyes: personally i feel if you are still in the intersection when it turn red, you have made a poor judgement and should be in line for a ticket running a red light.

Regarding plate capture, then yes lighting seem okay, have you gone over the footage frame by frame ?

It has exposed for the clouds in the sky, not the plate. Maybe tilt the camera down a bit or turn EV up a bit.
Watching on Youtube there is also far to low a bitrate, don't know about the original.

yes image quality / bitrate you never want to set for anything but the very highest, at least in current cameras / cameras i am aware off.

The bitrate is about 11.5mbps for 1080P@30fps. I checked the original video and I could not see the plate going frame by frame. There's also an issue of glare/reflections in the windshield which I think was half the problem.

In order to legally finish on red, the vehicle had to be in the intersection on yellow. He was clearly late.

Yes glare are annoying, you need either a CPL filter or a flat black dashmat to combat, or both as i have.
11 mbit are quite low, i think the norm are around 20 mbit today, or 18 at least.

I dont think the Danish intersection rules are the same, here yellow mean stop too, only if stopping would be dangerous are you allowed not to, and dangerous stopping do not mean the guy tailgating you or are on the phone, that's not your problem, by dangerous stopping it mean loose control over your vehicle.
So here i think if you are in the intersection when it turn red, the light have been yellow for so long you made a bad judgement call, and so are looking at a fine and 1 of 3 marks on your license.

I almost got taken out a few days ago.

I almost got taken out a few days ago.
Looks like he was a long way behind, but it was only 1 second, your rear camera must be too wide angle to make it look realistic.
I think I would have gone through that one, but you are right, if the person behind hits you then it is their fault, however quickly you stop.

My ABS dident even engage, not much harder than i normally brake these days, which in torn are a lot more easy on the brake than in my young days where i drove like it was some sort of race championship.
Which normally meant where other would brake to make a given turn, i would lean back, light a cigarette and then brake hard and dump the brake just as i enter the turn so the car jump onto the already preloaded spring for the turn.
NO wonder i was fixing brakes 2 times every year.

I do also still make bad decisions with yellow light, but not so bad that i am in the intersection when it turn red, and even then i mumble IDIOT to myself.

Back