Car Servicing Horror Story!

russ331

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mobius B (x2) & A119
Just kidding. My car had a service & M.O.T test (emissions & safety check) yesterday.

I dropped it off at 8am & collected it at 4pm. During this period, it was serviced, washed, vacuumed & safety-checked.

I imagined it remained parked until 3pm, then received a frenzy of activity, finishing just as I arrived to collect it. But not so. The time stamps in the following screen grabs show that it moved around the site quite a few times during the day.

My SGZC12RC is permanently in motion detect mode. I didn't use my power bank yesterday, so recording only took place when the engine was switched on. The screen grabs were taken from my Android tablet, using MX Player.

The cost of the service was covered within my service package, so I only had to pay for the M.O.T test. I was happy with the work that had been done ... no complaints from me.

There's a 10 photo limit per Post, so a few more to follow in Post #2

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Ha. That one where he's looking at the camera. I bet he was thinking "I wonder if that thing's filming me." :D

I too really like the one of the mechanic with the half naked girl tattooed on his arm looking quizzically at the camera.
I have a small collection of rather amusing parking "mode" shots of people apparently noticing my camera and this image would fit right in.
We should do a "Dash Cam Portraits" thread. :)

Ha. That one where he's looking at the camera. I bet he was thinking "I wonder if that thing's filming me." :D

He wouldn't have known about the camera, but for the fact that the control unit screen, in a cubby between the gear-lever & dash, comes on for 1 minute whenever the engine is started. I think that everyone handling my car was probably warned about it's presence. The audio track has only engine noise ... nobody who drove the car uttered a single word.

When I collected the car, the service rep enquired about my dashcam. He actually knew it's a Street Guardian (he said Road Guardian so not far off), & said he was thinking about getting a camera for his motorcycle, but didn't want anything as conspicuous as a GoPro. I mentioned Mobius, JooVuu X & BulletHD.

Last edited:
I had my yearly service (12 month or 15,000 KM which ever comes first) done on my car last week and should have pulled my SD card to see what was recorded but forget to do that. Oh well, next year!

I forgot about my rear facing Mobius B. Instead of screen grabs, I used RegistratorViewer to group the clips together & speed the action up 10x. It's not 'Gone in 60 Seconds', but it's all over in 3 minutes :)

The Mobius is one of the best rear facing dash cam options on the market. Stealthy, 100 percent reliable, excellent image quality, virtually no maintenance and I love that I can see the reassuring red LED in my rear view mirror to know everything is functioning as it should.

The Mobius is one of the best rear facing dash cam options on the market. Stealthy, 100 percent reliable, excellent image quality, virtually no maintenance and I love that I can see the reassuring red LED in my rear view mirror to know everything is functioning as it should.
Exactly how I feel. As I said, I would not even consider changing that setup. I am though, looking at installing another one, pointing out a side rear window. Just trying to work through a suitable mount at this point. I am somewhat of a fuss budget, so getting this just right is going to be a little painful until I can get it right ;)

Exactly how I feel. As I said, I would not even consider changing that setup. I am though, looking at installing another one, pointing out a side rear window. Just trying to work through a suitable mount at this point. I am somewhat of a fuss budget, so getting this just right is going to be a little painful until I can get it right ;)

Yeah, the Mobius makes for a perfect side cam too. You've probably already seen an example image I've posted previously but if not you can see it HERE. I used a modified Mobius helmet mount and that's worked pretty well for my vehicle.

Thanks for the link. Nice view in those photos, and I have one of those helmet mounts. Had not thought of those at all previous to this. My focus has been in the area of my existing Mobius. I will give it a try. Thanks

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sunny Off Topic 4
Back