Jazzist

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Lukas LK7900 (stolen)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-25223631

One less POS stuck to the windscreen :)

I don't like those big tax disc holders that dealer's fit with their advertising on like that shown in the article, I haven't had one of those for years. I even stopped them putting one on my new car and provided my own stealthy magnetic one that I picked up from B&M Bargains.

Going to be weird having no tax disc, in a few years young uns won't know what they were and I'll feel really old :)

I like the idea of this, it certainly puts a stop to people nicking other people's tax disks. I wonder if they could somehow tie it up with car insurance, so the two go together and thus the administration costs of VED could possibly be reduced by having the one system. It's illegal to have a car on the road without tax AND insurance, so why not have two seperate systems for both?

On the bright side,,,, room for one more dashcam ;)

I like the Little units the UK cops have in the car, they must catch a lot of cars with missing tax disk.
Here we dont have those tax disks, the cops just look up the plates and get informed if somthing is wrong, if so ,,, snip snip and the plates are off.
Danish cops could benefit having some of those licence plate detect systems, use of stolen plates are becomming more and more common.

Sorry we do have a form of tax disks, they are for cars on yellow plates witch can be either a Work only plate or one witch allso allow for private use.
Cars on yellow plates are cheaper to buy but have a higher annual tax, its been quite common to get a big ass expensive Company car and then just use it for private use, only lately the goverment and the cops have started to do somthing about it.

geezz..can't believe u guys had to have that big thing on the window.
I remember when I was riding motorcycles in my younger days, I thought it was weird how the UK bikes I saw in the mags had this huge license plate on the front fender.

u probably know already how we do the tax thing in the Colonies, but just in case...
california.jpg

geezz..can't believe u guys had to have that big thing on the window.
I remember when I was riding motorcycles in my younger days, I thought it was weird how the UK bikes I saw in the mags had this huge license plate on the front fender.

u probably know already how we do the tax thing in the Colonies, but just in case...
View attachment 3908
I like the ones on the inside of the window better, no way to steal them. If you peal them off, they just tear or are impossible to get them to stick again.

I like the ones on the inside of the window better, no way to steal them. If you peal them off, they just tear or are impossible to get them to stick again.
That's the way the dreaded Tax Collectors do it on boats here. Those stickers on the lic plates only come off with a very slow technique utilizing a heat gun. I know since I had to buy a year sticker from the 1960s from a local collector for one of my old lic plates. That was in addition to paying the DMV tax!

Back