Car vs motorbike, both running amber lights Thailand

dash riposki

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Dash Cam
too many
This is from an unrelated forum. The OP is insisting he is not in the wrong, and the oncoming motorbike actually ran a red light.

:)

They both went through on amber, so no moral high ground there. (Check the overhead countdown display.)
The biker wasn't riding defensively, and seemed slow and maybe unwilling to react.
But the car driving was truly awful.

It was not safe for the car driver to proceed.
He did not have priority to proceed.

You can't reason "its not safe to make the turn, but that's because the oncoming traffic pushed their luck, so I'm going to turn anyway, crash, and blame the other person."
That's a crazy way to think. Sadly common though. People think they must be blameless if they can find ANY fault with the other party.

Imagine two people driving towards each other, but right in the middle of a road. As they approach each other, both think "that idiot is heading right at me, he's going to hit me." And sure enough they crash head on. Then they both start jumping up and down angrily, screaming "I'M not to blame. MY actions wouldn't have caused a crash if only YOU'D been driving properly. Therefore I'M blameless, and YOU'RE completely to blame."

You can't explain to people like that. They're so focused on getting off the hook that you can't get them to apply logic to anything beyond the fault they've seen in others.

The car driver in the clip is like that. The biker's contribution to the crash was a tiny proportion of the cause.

People turning must wait until it's safe. It's really as simple as that. Nothing shown here changes that.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
'My dashcam only proves you are wrong, not me!'

:)

It's not productive to apply developed world realities to this situation, like 'you turned in front of an oncoming vehicle'.

One of the OP's last utterances...

"
Alright, I will now add one more thing because it's getting out of hand. Motorbike driver admitted the mistake of running through the red when I met him few seconds after. We both went separate ways after that and share 50/50 blame. Personally I think it's more his fault but I didn't study traffic law.
"

:p:):rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

Back