CarCam K2000

oleg1981

Reaction score
Country
Canada
hi. iv got a carcam from aliexpress. the camera it self is nice. and the quality is very good for 32$. but i have one problem with the vibration sensor. its locking the videos on the card and the DVR cant overweight them! so when the cam is filling the card its just stopping record and showing card full! iv tried to torn off the vibration sensor but it torn's on back on 4G wright after im pluging it back to the power outlet in a car.

is there any way to change the default value of the sensor to the off. or just to remove it from PCB?

thanks in advance!

The Carcam K2000 does not have a G-sensor but supposedly has an anti-shake mode. I am not aware of any write protection capability in this camera. You should see if you have video cycling enabled and also turn off the motion sensor. That might fix your problem.

If your camera is not keeping settings when you turn it off and back on again, the battery may be dead. Replacing the battery may be another potential solution.

Dash Cam Man

iot means that i have a fake k2000. because i have g sensor in it.

this is a video from it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting the video. The quality of the daytime video is good for a $32 camera. However I don't believe it is 1080p. Watching the video at 480p or higher is quite similar. It is probably 720p best case scenario but more likely 480p. To get some more information on this camera, take a picture (not a video) and view the EXIF information. You can see the EXIF information in windows by right clicking the image, choosing properties and then select the details tab. This should show the manufacturer and other interesting information.

For $32 it most likely is a fake...I haven't seen any decent 720p or better dash cams for under $60. The Mini DVR 808 #16 is the cheapest 720p HD camera that I am aware of but it is not a true dash cam. You need to figure out a way to mount it since it doesn't come with any mounting hardware and it doesn't have an auto start / auto stop feature.

Which vendor did you purchase your dash cam from?

Dash Cam Man

hi. its from aliexpress.
i will take the photo today and will post it here with the exif information. im pretty sure its fake. but the quality is surprisingly good. i'v had before 720P DOD original that was much more expensive with worser quality.

Great oleg1981. How is the video quality at night? If it is pretty decent, it might be a good buy for an affordable camera.

Dash Cam Man

hi. this is a set of photos. i took it uppart. maybe you can se the G sensor some where. i wonder if to remove it from PCB.....
i166.photobucket.com_albums_u105_oleg1981_camera_zps32b27312.jpg

i166.photobucket.com_albums_u105_oleg1981_IMAG0200_zps091323c4.jpg

i166.photobucket.com_albums_u105_oleg1981_IMAG0201_zpsc8844286.jpg

i166.photobucket.com_albums_u105_oleg1981_IMAG0203_zpsa26c1192.jpg

i166.photobucket.com_albums_u105_oleg1981_IMAG0204_zps3fbbda62.jpg

i166.photobucket.com_albums_u105_oleg1981_IMAG0205_zpsdee92b7d.jpg

i166.photobucket.com_albums_u105_oleg1981_IMAG0206_zps6529354c.jpg

i166.photobucket.com_albums_u105_oleg1981_IMAG0207_zps3c58656b.jpg

Thanks oleg1981 for the pictures. You have a DV Turnkey model which is decent especially for $32. Some others have complained about the 2A118249 model with a card full error. Here are some suggestions to fix it.

1. Recording cycle will not take place when the dash can is running on battery (make sure power is attached).
2. Recording cycle will not take place when "motion detector" is enabled (disable the motion detector).
3. Recording cycle will not take place if the "Recycle record" function is disabled (enable the recycle function).
4. Micro-SD card may be problematic (Try a different micro-sd card).
5. If you have more than one folder within the DCIM folder on your micro-sd card, the dash cam will give overflow message cards. (Copy video files from all the folders and put them into one or delete old video files along with folders).

I would try those items above to see if it helps before removing anything from the printed circuit board. I think if you physically removed the G-sensor, it would generate errors and possibly brick your camera.

If none of the above work, perhaps it is a firmware issue.

Let us know if any of this helps!

Dash Cam Man

i dont have recycle function. is there any way to disable the g sensor in the firmware by default?

oleg1981 said:
i dont have recycle function. is there any way to disable the g sensor in the firmware by default?

I am surprised there is no recycle or cycle function on your model. I don't believe there is any way to disable the g-sensor by default, other than the way you were doing (setting the G-sensor to off). Let us know if you end up fixing this problem.

Dash Cam Man

there is cycle function. 1,2,3minutes.

im pretty sure its a software function by default set on 4G every time the camera if turned on.

Hey. I have exactly the same DVR.
With microprocessor NT96220FG .
Tell me where to find the firmware?

i would love to have software update to! if its available at all!

I've been cheated?

Recently, I bought a camera, the K2000 cam camera car which had signs of being open, I found only a pamphlet (ROAD SAFETY GUARD), all open plastic bags, and the sac surrounding the camera was not original.

No protective camera lens, the plastic is removed to protect the lens was not.

Then I noticed in the video and is really, speaking as mine, unlike in the rear bumper gets black MADE IN CHINA.

NO have G sensor, is very rare.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Orignal-K2000-H ... 485208bb2f

i have a fuking copy , is the same yellow sticker FULL HD

No is the same:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsNGpbrkz_I

carcam K2000 said:
I've been cheated?

Recently, I bought a camera, the K2000 cam camera car which had signs of being open, I found only a pamphlet (ROAD SAFETY GUARD), all open plastic bags, and the sac surrounding the camera was not original.

No protective camera lens, the plastic is removed to protect the lens was not.

Then I noticed in the video and is really, speaking as mine, unlike in the rear bumper gets black MADE IN CHINA.

NO have G sensor, is very rare.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Orignal-K2000-H ... 485208bb2f

i have a fuking copy , is the same yellow sticker FULL HD

No is the same:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsNGpbrkz_I

is the eBay link from the one you bought or just an example, the link you provided is to a refurbished product not a new one which is why I ask

Back