CarCam K2000

Howdy guys. My first post here and I’m already looking for help:
I had $60 CarCam (supposedly K2000) for 2 years and had no issues with it. Few days ago I bought another K2000 which came in identical, but a bit less shiny box.
First of all new K2000 lens housing looks “fat” it’s thicker than old K2000.
Second, it got “Full HD” label and lens does not “click” when getting adjusted.
On top of it firmware version is 20121109 vs different one which includes letters and end on 17 or 19 (don’t remember exactly and have no access to the cam at the moment).
Picture quality wise I see no difference, old K2000 picture bit brighter a bit and maybe bit sharper, but overall they are almost identical.
Here is few pics:
DSC01725p_zpse8f02770.jpg

DSC01724p_zpsa32f7c56.jpg

DSC01726p_zps30e66b74.jpg

DSC01722p_zpsa4514ee8.jpg

DSC01723p_zps382a7dd6.jpg

So did I get a fake K2000 or is it just a newer model?

I have the same camera, but the firmware is 20121113, probably the date of fabrication. ;) I don't know if it's a fake, but is a Novatek DSC Turnkey, unless the chinese managed to "fool" the chipset to show false informations. :D

Attachments

• K2000.jpg
    K2000.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 72
ok. thanks. does your lens "clicks" when you adjusting angle? lens ring look identical to mine?
vs my other K2000 (which I think is fake ) this one looks and feels like a cheap copy.

I don't know what to say. It's a Novatek, it's a Turnkey, it has fully functional HDMI (tested by myself), the daylight video quality is acceptable (in nighttime=nightmare) and, yes, it looks cheap, but it was cheap. :D

hi, i have recently purchased same k2000 camera from aliexpress.com. how can i check its firmware version? . can i get tv/av out from this camera?.

my new K2000 is 100% fake. it actually looks like a copy of the fake copy :).
as soon as I mentioned "fake" in my correspondence with seller he offered $7 refund...
sending it back for full refund and back on the market for authentic copy of the K2000-3200.
:)

I took some videos yesterday and today to test the quality of the image. I used two settings for resolution 1080p and 720 p. IMHO, the main advantage of the 720p resolution is the fluency (30 fps for real). Therefore I prefer this setting. On the other hand, 1080p is jerky and it doesn't improve the quality of the image (because of interpolation?).

What do you think about the image quality? Anyway, the quality of the original footage is better than youtube clips. PM me if somebody wants the originals.

Last edited:
hi, can anybody provide me novatek nt96220fg dataheet?

A night video taken with the camera.

Last edited:
I played with my fake K2000 and updated with a russian firmware and now my LCD is all white. Can anyone give me a good FW96220A.bin file? The camera works and save files on card, but I cannot see nothing on the screen, neither live image, neither menus.
Of course, updated with original Turnkey versions the camera didn't work.

Back