CarCam P9000 variant. Hour long gaps in recording

fieldofview

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
$60 starter cam: "Car Camcorder P9000, 720p
Hi
I have a CarCamP9000 variant of the K2000. It generally works fine and the image is pretty good for 720p. I drove about 500 km yesterday and at one point came across several deer on the road so today reviewed the video segments looking for the segment with the deer. Of course the segment with the deer is missing and that's when I noticed up to 60 minutes missing in the sequence of videos. The camera records segments about 5 minutes long quite regularly then stops for awhile then restarts. I'm pretty sure the cables are plugged in tight. Anyone else have dropped video. In the screen shot you see a gap at 3:44AM. I wonder if the camera had a fault as there is a very short second video at 3:44 then an hour later there is a successful recording stamped at 4:44AM. Of course the deer were in that gap. The driving segment before and after I saw the deer was continuous, no stopping the car and restarting.

The other thing I noticed the camera loses the time and date setting. It gets no power when the car is off. I wonder how long the internal battery can keep the clock going? There may be 2-3 days when we don't drive the car.

Attachments

• Video_log.JPG
    Video_log.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 8
It appears to be a battery and power issue. If the internal battery is dead every bump that knocks the power plug loose will interrupt everything.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
4 K2000 1
O K2000 30
Back