TieNN89

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Thinkware U1000, Blackvue DR900S-2CH
Hi all
I'm having issues with my camera
I seem to be getting card error and I've tried to format the card from within the menu and it would say "insert card" so I reinsert the card and it would format and record as per normal
It shows it's recording but when I insert it into my computer there are no video files

Also this error comes back after powering on and off

I'm using a Samsung Micro SD card in the Samsung SD adapter that came with it

Has anyone had this issue?

pure SDHC/SDXC cards are best & will most likely solve the problem.

see
note the jerkiness of the video, which goes away with a full size card

for a quick test I did using a microsd card in sdhc adapter. It was formatted in the P II.

david

Yes, trying using the SD Card Formatter. https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4

Last night I looked around at fake SD cards to see perhaps mine is a fake and I came across a program called H2testw and I ran that over night and this was the results

Warning: Only 29962 of 29963 MByte tested.
Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 14.9 MByte/s
Reading speed: 19.0 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

I'll try that program you linked me to in a moment and see how it goes

Just downloaded this and had a look around. I don't really understand the format options so which one should I pick? Is "quick" enough? Or should I go with one of the other ones (erase, overwrite)
Quick is fine....

Quick is fine....

I was going to try erase but that didn't work something about it not being supported so I went with overwrite which took a lot longer than quick did

It seemed to work fine on day one but after day two (only filled up 1/3rd of the card) it came up with card error again so perhaps this card is toasted

Anyway I've got another card in there now a Sandisk Extreme 45MB/s Class 10 32GB which I had been using for months and months in the ITB-100HD.
It seems to be going okay so far but time will tell hopefully it's just the other card and not the camera itself.

Anyway I am looking at getting a bigger memory card I'm thinking 64GB is there any suggestions on what brands that are known problems or are reliable?

If you're still having issues, give this method a try
http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s3/help/formatting-exfat-to-fat32-t1786356

It's the first method I came across (three different ones previously) that has worked, and it's continued to work flawlessly ever since.

I'll take a look at those in the coming days as I have a Mobius on order which uses microSD card so hopefully I can get the card to work fine in it

If the card developed errors after writing to it - I'd say chances are it's well and truly toast. I'd bet you can replicate that - re-format it (erase) and just start copying files to it, and see if it dies in your PC as well.

See if you still have warranty on it. :p

Not even going to bother with warranty I can just imagine how much hassle that would be

Any brand/type of card you recommend

The manufacturer says they had good success with Samsung cards! Go for that.

I've got a Samsung 64G Class10, and with the 21Mbps firmware it goes like a shower of sh*t :)

I get this message when I locate the files myself .... BUT they will work fine when saved on my computer, just wont read it off the card ???
data.JPG

I'm formatting the cards this way. . .
data2.JPG

I got "Card error" problem with Sandisk MicroSDXC Ultra, 64Gb. Other cards work perfectly with same adapter. I used it previously in my BlackVue DR500-GW just fine. Also it works perfectly with my PC and Samsung Galaxy S4. I'm unable to format it in the camera, because of "Insert card" message in format menu. It seems driver just does not recognize it.
I believe this is a software bug.

Also I believe camera itself should be able to format card to supported filesystem from any other or from unformated/badly partitioned state.

Better not to use a card in an adapter, the adapters aren't heat rated
Yes, I know. But heating was not the reason of fault in my case. Also I have ordered already full size SD card, but didn't receive it yet.

Back