Card Formatting

dartmin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
2nd Question

the card formatting does not allow for the full 128Gb to be used for one parking mode

I have found how the hidden file structure manages this - but on trying to clear that it defaults back to around 74gb being made available - no where in the literature does it say you cannot use 128Gb for just one mode - which does max card usage of 128Gb is wrong

Has anyone found the settings to change this?

Cheers
Dave.

Is this for the F800 or F800 pro? I think thinkware implemented a file structure where it will not dedicate 100% of the memory card to parking mode. You might have better luck if you ask thinkware directly.

Sorry - for F800PRO - I know how they are doing it (protected hidden folder structure with files created to the size they want to hold) - but cannot change it

I have a breakdown of the different memory card partition settings for the F800 here.
I'm using the parking priority setting myself
I'm guessing F800 Pro would be similar but I haven't confirmed with Thinkware yet.
It's never been possible to use 100% for parking mode though

TBH I find it a bit weird that they control the amount of card you can use and you cannot change it - not happy

I am not 100% happy when I learned the file structure is fixed and not variable. But again, I have a bigger need for continuous and continuous incident recording so continuous priority works for me.

The problem is I want all 128gb for continuous as I then pull the card and save the data

Just really shocked that thinkware support are not responding to emails

Back