Carl Muller - Exec Director Road Safety Victoria ..

old4570

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Front: 70MAI , Ausdom A261, Mini 0826 , Rear: A118c
Hmmmm , another Email to the minister for road safety got me a response from Carl Muller ..

My suggestion being to no longer suspend licences ...
But to rather cancel them and let those who have earned a suspension start again from the learners permit / P plates .

The response was some what un intelligent I thought .
The gist of it being that license cancellations and starting again wont work and might encourage un licensed driving ..

This is where I have a problem ! Exactly the same argument can be said for suspending a license !!!!!!!

At least if you cancel the license , the idiot earning such gets re-trained !!!!
And if they dont learn from that , then cancel it again ..
And if they drive without a license ( cancelled or suspended ) , throw their ass in jail !!!!
Why is it so hard for those in power , to do something other than pay road safety lip service and tax bad driving ? ( Yeah , hundreds of millions of dollars )
If everyone drove safely , there would be no need for so many police , there would be little revenue , fewer people needing hospitals , medical care , car repairs ..
Yes I know , bad drivers are big business ... ( $$ speak louder than lives ) = My humble opinion !

Back