CarNo_Backup.txt ???

BlackCloud

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
2 x VIOFO A119s v2 (Front) : VIOFO A119 v1 (Rear)
This file now appears on the root of my memory card of my dashcam.

has anyone else noticed this?

Is this where I can add my whatever text for Car No. into this file and it will save back to the camera after lets say a firmware update?

This is for back up the car No. if the XXX issue appeared.

Got it after upgrading to latest FW and it kept coming back so I left it.

Any follow to this CarNo_Backup thing? I had the camera for over a year and all of a sudden this text file show up every time I check the files in the SD card. I never updated the firmware at all so this couldn't be some firmware problem. I may have change a setting, not sure what, and that may have cause this.

Been there since first release, just ignore it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The XXX issue was a bug fixed years ago with the older A119V2. This did not affect the A119V3.
That's what I thought he was referring to but do you know why that file altered the problem?

That's what I thought he was referring to but do you know why that file altered the problem?
I don't. Not even sure if that's what fixed the issue (Viofo tried many things). This occurred with other brands using the same chipset, so it wasn't just a Viofo issue. I thought it was something eventually fixed by Novatek, but don't know for sure.

I don't. Not even sure if that's what fixed the issue (Viofo tried many things). This occurred with other brands using the same chipset, so it wasn't just a Viofo issue. I thought it was something eventually fixed by Novatek, but don't know for sure.
Cheers, thanks for the reply.

I have seen the same on my A129 Pro Duo. It never bothered me and I have deleted it several times. I am curious what the "XXX" issue is that @VIOFO-Support mentioned in post #2.
It is a firmware bug that happened on A119 V2 before, it will show XXXX instead of the right car license number.
We didn't see this issue happening on A119 V3 and other models.

Back