CCTV sugestions?

Well folks, I guess we can all pack this thread up and go home now. I am informed that Mr. BMbler will apparently be taking a temporary leave of absence from DCT.

I guess he made the call, I hope it clears his mind of current problems:D:cool:.

Virtually none of these cameras and systems you've linked to are adequate. The 1080P WiFi camera system is only 15fps. There is a difference between a DVR (usually analogue) and a NVR (digital).

CCTV has quite a learning curve. You'll need to understand terms like TVL, ONIF, D1, 960H, etc. before you can make a knowledgeable purchase. For the time being forget about all the features and focus on which camera will provide the best image quality.

Is a 4k system preferred over 1080 or 1440 for image quality? I keep finding 4k max 15fps instead of 30fps.
Does anyone know where to find a 4k 30fps system with multiple cameras and good video quality?
I would assume 4k would give much clearer and detailed images than 1080 or 1440.

You don't really need 30fps for a security camera. All of my cams (1440p) record at 10fps and I don't feel like I'm missing anything. Unless you're trying to catch race cars driving by... :)

You don't really need 30fps for a security camera. All of my cams (1440p) record at 10fps and I don't feel like I'm missing anything. Unless you're trying to catch race cars driving by... :)

It really depends on your needs. I had a situation with someone who was harassing me by driving past my property honking the horn late at night, tossing trash and other objects onto the property and engaging in other types of vandalism. A CCTV camera that had a high enough frame rate (30 fps) was required to capture enough detail frame by frame to identify and prosecute the perp.

Anyone who needs surveillance for a driveway or parking area would also require a higher frame rate to capture what is happening. At 10 fps or 15 fps you could miss large gaps of activity even with a car driving fairly slowly.

Last edited:
Is a 4k system preferred over 1080 or 1440 for image quality? I keep finding 4k max 15fps instead of 30fps.
Does anyone know where to find a 4k 30fps system with multiple cameras and good video quality?
I would assume 4k would give much clearer and detailed images than 1080 or 1440.

Obviously, a 4K CCTV system would be preferable in some situations. 4K 30fps systems are available but at this present time they are still fairly costly. As with any newer digital technology, prices are coming down. Many 4K CCTV systems on the market shoot 3840 × 2160 at @15fps or 2688 x 1520 @30fps as well as sometimes 2048 x 1536 @30 fps.

... perhaps missed the point of me not being interested in this convo...
I installed Fluoreon- amazing system for the money!

Well folks, I guess we can all pack this thread up and go home now. I am informed that Mr. BMbler will apparently be taking a temporary leave of absence from DCT.
none of your business as what should others do?

Back