CDV300 Series Firmware

you'll need an elf version of the firmware and there will be some process to get it into recovery mode and then need to use the USB software from Ambarella to load the elf firmware file from a Windows PC

I don't have what you need but maybe Foxoffer can help if that's where your one was bought from

I did the same thing (battery died before I could get it to powered USB) but I just left it plugged in for a few minutes, then tried to re-start it (pressed and held the power button) and it fired up. I suspect I was lucky though.

Thanks a lot, Jokiin.
I will ask for it to Foxoffer.

Hi,

Does the 300/S/E/X share the same fimware? Does anyone have a 300S original firmware they'd like to share?

Thanks

it should be different but other versions might run on your model anyway
I kinda tried. Only problem is that i now have no sound recordings. I was too eager to switch firmwares that i didn't get to backup the old one.

Here it is firmwares for CDV300X: http://dl.free.fr/ddIYklYCR
Not sure if this was in response to my request, but I was looking for the S version firmware. Thanks anyway.

I kinda tried. Only problem is that i now have no sound recordings. I was too eager to switch firmwares that i didn't get to backup the old one.

contrary to what some people would try and have you believe there are different revisions of hardware in this product, best thing would be to talk to your reseller and ask for a copy of the firmware your model was supplied with, it would be available to them no problem

you'll need an elf version of the firmware and there will be some process to get it into recovery mode and then need to use the USB software from Ambarella to load the elf firmware file from a Windows PC

I don't have what you need but maybe Foxoffer can help if that's where your one was bought from
Here it is the answer of Foxoffer:
Foxoffer said:
The firmware was sent to you through baidu.com , please kindly check it .
I did not receive anithing and baidu.com seems to be only a chinese search engine. How can I find the file???
Jokiin, do you understand what he means???
Thanks

did they forward an email with this info? or you didn't get anything?
They just sent me this few minutes ago:
Foxoffer said:
Hi,

Can you open the link and click
Show\Catch1.jpg
to download the firmware?

There isn't any other way to send you the firmware. sendspace.com and many website can't be opened in China.

Please connect the power supplier while upgrading firmware .
but picture seems to be a single picture without any valid link:

Attachments

• Catch11.jpg
    Catch11.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited by a moderator:
It was an email (picture has been added to previous post)

ok the picture they're just showing you what you need to click on to download once you open the page, sounds like they forgot to send you the actual link to the page though

Hummm! So not very usefull without this expected link !!!

May I ask you for your help?
May be they do not understand my english?
Can you try to join them to translate my request for me (support@foxoffer.com)???
Thanks

Here it is the sent request:
I tried to upgrade item with silent version of TCL firmware but upgrade process failed because of power lack. And now, the camera does no longer turn on (black screen and no access to menu) when plugged to PC, car or power supply. I suppose camera is in "brick" configuration because of corrupted firmware.

Someone told me that you (Foxoffer) should be able to help me to reload healthy configuration by providing special elf version of firmware with rescue mode process... Please, can you help me to restore my CDV300X.

Keep in mind that I already have original TCL firmware and Foxoffer modified silent version. But none of these firmware has effect, because cam does no longer turn on nor ask for upgrade (black screen) even when copying firmware.bin to the SDCARD root. So, I only need special version of firmware which provides recovery mode (in order to restart the camera) and corresponding instructions. Or may be is there specific process (key sequence?) to allow upgrade without user prompt?

I think you probably over complicated your questions, I will message you my email address and get you to forward the email to me and will reply to them for you if you like

Ok. Thank you very much Jokiin.

We wonder if you are the same person contact us directly by email,anyway,we managed to update its 300S SW here:
http://www.sendspace.com/pro/qy9v4z
Just for you reference!
Thanks estore009. The sound now works, but now the dashcam does not mount under linux. It works fine in windows, but since i'm mostly under linux, can you ask TCL if there's any way to get that working?

Could you tell us which media player you use now under linux system? Thanks!

Back