Cell Link Neo 6

RJMP_XB

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR900S-2CH-T-Mobile Sonic 2.0 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot
Hi everyone, Hope everyone is having a good New Year so far. Just recenty got my Dash Cam gear together (BlackVue DS900s 2Ch/CellLink Neo 6) Hardwired to the ACC switch. Question though, to ever first purchased there Cell Link Neo 6 do you remember when it was 100% fully charged and from the CellLink Neo App what Usable Time reading did you get ( 14,16, or 20 hours) before Discharging the Battery and from going through the forums in order for the battery to get charged igniton has to be on and the switch is to be set to 9amp since its hardwired. Thanks in advance

Not sure I understood your question, but here's mine fully charged powering up a VIOFO A129 dual dashcam
fb99459d43ebd8bea0f592948809c0b0.jpg

Charging it from about 2% to 100% at 9 Amps takes about 40 minutes in my case.

DarthMaul

Thanks for the quick reply. Where i highlighted in RED is yours always 28:10 Hrs when fully charged and when you first got the CellLink Neo cause mine always reads 14.00 Hrs at full charge, Could mine be defective or ?

Capture.JPG

The usable time depends on the current drawn by the dashcam. The Blackvue is known to draw more power. You can check the Output value in Amps. Mine is 0.2A. What's yours?

Mine shows 0.4A

That's the reason... Your Cellink is fine, it's just the Backvue more power hungry.

Here's the recent reading i got from last night, If this the case if my Neo 6 in good shape then ?

1577974921953.png

Your dashcam draws twice the power that mine does and the usable time is half. Mathematically correct :)
I would say your Cellink is fine. My Cellink is brand new so I think you can take it as a reference.

Your dashcam draws twice the power that mine does and the usable time is half. Mathematically correct :)
I would say your Cellink is fine. My Cellink is brand new so I think you can take it as a reference.

Thanks for the relplies DarthMaul greatly appreciated. Ya the first Dash Cam i wanted to get was the VIOFO A129 Pro Duo 4k. Did alot of reasearch and comparison with the BlackVue and only reason i went with the Blackvue is due to mounting reasons. Im not a fan of the cam being sticked on to the windshield i already had a blendount for my Valentine Radar Detector whicj I sold since the Boss Wife gets irritated when do long driving. So i sold the valentine got the accessory add on for the Balckvue Dash Cam purchase. Only if VIOFO had a mount made similar like to Blendmount I would of been all over the VIOFO . Once again thanks for the replies

It's a shame that the current is only displayed to 1 decimal place.

If you do the calculation manually: 76.8Wh / (0.4A x 13.1V) = 14.66 hours

So I guess either the current is actually slightly higher and the cellink is rounding down for display or it is taking other factors into consideration (power needed for bluetooth etc)

Back